Senior Security Engineer, Detection & Response
OscarWe’re not just your health insurance company. We stand by your side no matter the question or the issue. Let’s take the first step and get to know each other.
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Security Engineer, Detection & Response to join our Security team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
As a Senior Security Engineer, Detection & Response, you will help secure Oscar’s cloud implementations. You will provide your expertise and experience to ensure Oscar meets regulatory requirements and industry good practices. You will work with other Security team members and partner with Engineering, IT, and SRE to prioritize and close control gaps and reduce enterprise risk and be a subject matter expert providing guidance around architecting new applications and processes in the cloud.
You will report to the Manager of Detection and Response. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $156,560 - $205,485 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Support the overall improvement of the security process and documentation
- Stay informed of new technologies or application methodologies through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other IT organizations and institutions
- Participate in the design and day-to-day administration of security systems that reflect state-of-the-art security best practices and compliance, ensuring a focus on balancing security effectiveness without introducing material operational friction
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in Oscar’s cloud environments and processes
- Assist with implementing and administering security controls for cloud environments
- Assist Engineering teams with identifying security requirements for cloud applications
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a strong ability to plan, prioritize, and execute projects independently or in coordination with other teams
- Help create metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of our application security program and inform continuous program improvements
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Encourage a culture of collaboration with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- 5+ years of career experience related to security cloud architecture and design
- Experience with database data access/management including SQL and BigQuery
- Experience implementing modern cloud infrastructure services in AWS or GCP
- Experience using containers and container orchestration technology (Mesos and Kubernetes)
- Experience with Terraform, ArgoCD
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs