Senior Cryptography Engineer
Remote - UK and Europe
Copper.coWe provide digital asset custody and trading solutions that reduces counterparty risk, boosts capital efficiency and gives institutions control of their crypto.
Join the fastest growing fintech in Europe
Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets, providing market-leading infrastructure in addition to custody, trading and prime brokerage solutions.
Our award-winning custody application leverages the genius of multi-party computation (MPC) and can be configured to support cold, warm, and hot wallet solutions.
Asset managers are further protected by our pioneering ClearLoop network, which enables off-exchange trading and settlement at tier-1 digital asset exchanges. An offering enhanced by the availability of uncollateralised lending.
Copper's secure wallet architecture is available as a standalone application, a mobile app, and a browser extension for smart contract signing. With an easy to navigate interface, market making liquidity, and a team always ready to assist you, Copper will change the way you look at crypto.
At Copper our culture is based on innovation, enthusiasm and above all else collaboration.
- Implement cryptography specifications into secure, production-level code.
- Conduct cryptography literature review, select relevant papers, and produce a specification and pseudocode from the paper(s).
- Interact with auditors and academia, as well as cryptographers on the client side.
- Provide cryptography support for other Copper development teams.
- Integrate cryptography primitives into Copper’s internal MPC framework.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Copper’s next generation MPC framework.
Your experience skills and knowledge:
- 5+ years engineering experience in the implementation of cryptography primitives, preferably in MPC, Threshold cryptography, Zero Knowledge Proofs or similar
- 3+ years R&D experience specializing in MPC and Threshold cryptography, gained within academia or industry.
- Proficiency in programming with Rust, or significant programming experience using C, C++ or Golang
- Deep knowledge of common signature schemes of blockchains e.g., ECDSA, EdDSA, BLS
- Experience with containerisation and DevOps practices.
- Masters/PhD in Cryptography/Mathematics
- Experience with HSMs, Intel SGX, iPhone secure enclaves etc.
- Experience with Scala, Kotlin or Java.
- Experience working on a cryptocurrency wallet, or a similar systems engineering problem
- Familiarity with the digital asset custody space
Our company’s tech, tools, and languages
- Storage: PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Clickhouse
- Backend Frameworks: Spring, Akka HTTP
- Frontend Frameworks: React.js, Electron.js
- Interservice communication: RabbitMQ, gRPC, protocol buffers,
- Architecture: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Mesos/Marathon container orchestration, Consul, Nginx, GoCD by ThoughtWorks CI/CD, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana
- Bi-annual bonus incentive
- Employee Growth Share equity incentive
- A minimum of 33 days holiday per year including public holidays (increasing by one day per year of service)
- Private medical and dental care
- Pension with matched contribution, up to 10% of salary
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Regular game nights, quiz nights, cinema nights and cultural events
- An annual Copper Summit (This year was Lisbon!)
More jobs like this
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 135K * USD 60K+ *
Application Security Engineer - Security Champions (Open to remote across ANZ)Application security AWS Golang IAM Java Nonprofit OWASP +5
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave Wellness
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs