Associate Threat Intelligence Analyst - Geopolitical (Eastern Europe/Russia)
This Role: The Strategic and Persistent Threats (SPT) team within the Insikt (Research) Group supports high-profile clients by conducting in-depth research and analysis that covers significant, global geopolitical events.
What you'll do as an Associate Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Produce finished intelligence reports addressing clients’ priority requirements
- Research, track, and author reports on disinformation and misinformation campaigns linked to nation-states, and on topics relating to international terrorism, threats to elections, military developments, etc.
- Work with multiple internal teams to develop and improve the Geopolitical Intelligence offering
- Assist in curating collected data in the Recorded Future platform
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams to support major public and private sector clients
What you'll bring to the Associate Threat Intelligence Analyst role (required):
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, or Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- 0-2 years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in a similar position
- Demonstrably strong writing skills; ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts
- Critical thinking skills
- Understanding of the intelligence cycle
- Subject matter expertise in the geopolitical landscape of Eastern Europe / Commonwealth of Independent States
- Professional fluency in reading a foreign language. Preference for Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, and/or other language common in target region
Additional Skills / Experience (preferred but not required):
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence analysis & writing techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of open source intelligence gathering tools and techniques
- Experience with scripting languages (ex. Python)
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.