Threat Intelligence Response Analyst
The Role: This Threat Intelligence Response Analyst position is filling a vital role within Recorded Future’s Managed Services Group by validating and escalating Intelligence and Security Incidents to Recorded Future’s massive client base.
Recorded Future supports information security teams at some of the most ambitious organizations on the planet. Your days will be spent working closely with teammates on escalated incidents as a Tier 2 Analyst. Other day to day activities include developing new service offerings and standard operating procedures and interacting directly with clients as a subject matter expert. You are passionate about technology, cyber security, threat intelligence as well as building a world class threat intelligence business.
What you’ll do:
- Cover Tier 2 Analyst Shift Hours from 9am-5pm CST
- Perform Tier 2 alert review and triage of escalated incidents on areas including phishing and credential harvesting sites, code and data leakage, tracking nation state and criminal threat actors and social media monitoring
- Research and implement new tools and data sources to expand analysis and incident response capabilities
- Assist clients with use case development, query development and alert tuning
- Enhance existing Services and the development of new Managed Threat Intelligence Services
- Create new Standard Operating Procedures to assist Tier1 and Tier2 analysts with repeatable daily work
- Partner with clients and effectively relay strategic and technical messages to stakeholders ranging from analysts to executives ranging from analysts to executives
What you’ll bring:
- Any combination of threat intelligence, incident response, or security monitoring experience with a minimum of 3+ years in any of these roles
- Understanding of open source intelligence and response techniques pertaining to phishing and credential harvesting attacks, domain and web infrastructure monitoring, social media monitoring, dark web monitoring, malware delivery techniques, threat actor and TTP Profiling
- Experience Working in Incident/Case Management and SOAR Platforms Strong troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently BA/BS required; advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% when covid restrictions are lifted
Why should you join Recorded Future?
There’s a reason why over 90% of Fortune 100 Companies rely on us for their threat intelligence needs: our patented web intelligence engine has the ability to unlock insights that radically improve cyber threat visibility for our clients. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to reduce has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner.
If you’re full of passion, ambition, and dedication you may be well on your way to becoming a Futurist. From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes to put our team at the front line of securing the internet. If you want to be a part of this awesome team, apply today!
Want more info? Check out the links below for more from the Recorded Future team, special guests, and our partners.
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.