Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Austin, TX, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What is important for us
Security First – Our team focusses on security in everything we do, and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to working with like minds.
Curiosity – Be curious, ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
Ownership – We have clients and customers who trust us because we show them that we own what we do in every sense. We expect that every team member completely owns the activities that he/she is responsible for.
Agility – We believe in planning ahead, but also in being open to changes. We welcome change and new challenges.
· Adopt, practice and advocate engineering best practices
· Own deliverables from ideation to production operationalization
· Be responsible for the design, development and testing of IAM and security components including services built leveraging Core Java, Java frameworks, Python, Spring boot, WebServices, Jmeter, etc.
· Architect and Implement Data Analytics using Big Data stack like HDFS, Spark and Kafka
· Develop metrics and insight generation to drive the understanding and progression of IAM products and drive excellence
· Provide documentation in areas of ownership and bring innovation and new ideas to the table.
· Contribute to enterprise initiatives and projects, contributing from conception of the idea to the roll-out of the capability and supporting features.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years with an Advanced
Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
• Strong programming and logical skills, with a focus on Java or Python
• Strong development skills- understanding of source code management tools such as maven and
GIT, unit and integration tests, static code analysis and SDLC, IDEs
• Good command of querying, query optimizations on different data stores (Relational, NoSQL)
• Experience implementing Data Analytics using Big Data stack like HDFC, Spark and Kafka
• Excellent inter-personal, analytical & communication skills
• Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant
experience with a PhD
• 4+ years of Solid hands-on experience as programmer/developer with specialization in Java and
• 4+ years of solid experience in delivering production level engineering solutions supporting Tier 0
and Tier 1 systems preferably on Authentication, Authorization and Audit space.
• 2+ years of experience implementing Data Analytics using Big Data stack like HDFC, Spark and
• Experience leading a team of Engineers
• Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
• Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or
enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a
• Prior knowledge of Apache big data analytics tools a plus
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 186K USD 115K+
Palo Alto Networks
SOC Security EngineerAWS Cloud EDR Endpoint security Forensics GCP Incident response +6
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs