Sr. Security Engineer- Incident Response
Portland, Denver, Chicago, San Antonio, Raleigh, Philadelphia
Posted 8 months ago
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla is looking for an Incident Responder to monitor and mitigate attacks across Mozilla’s products and services. In this position, you will be a part of a flexible team responsible for handling security incidents. As such, you’ll need to have years of practical security experience and knowledge of the state of the art for detecting and responding to attacks. You’ll be someone Mozillians across the company depend on and trust to respond quickly and effectively in a crunch, with the outstanding communication and collaboration skills needed to work in partnership with diverse stakeholders. Most importantly, you will become a critical member of the team responsible for ensuring the integrity of Mozilla’s products and for keeping Mozilla’s users safe, within a company dedicated to building a more secure internet.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and respond to security incidents on a global scale.
- Design and maintain a portfolio of security alerts, automated actions, and escalation workflows in support of a high-performing 24/7 incident response capability.
- Conduct threat hunting activities, anticipate future threats, and maintain forward-thinking strategies for tools/technology/processes that combat sophisticated threat actors.
- Partner with key stakeholders and communicate effectively to maintain a continuously improving feedback loop of preparation, identification, analysis, containment, and post mortem activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability managing security incidents at a global scale and/or experience working in Security Operations Centers (SOC), Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), and Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRT).
- Expertise with security information and event management (SIEM) systems (eg. ELK, Google BigQuery, Splunk, etc.).
- Superb communication and leadership capacity; ability to partner effectively with diverse company stakeholders.
- Real-world experience in software development and/or engineering operations for consumer products and services; B.S. in a technology-focused field is helpful.
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Integrity
- Clear Communication
- Creative Problem Solver
- Passionate about Security
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.