Security Engineer, Infrastructure
San Francisco, California, United States
Posted 8 months ago
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer at Brex, you will design, deploy and manage systems to keep our infrastructure safe.
- Improve security across our AWS, Kubernetes and Container based infrastructure
- Design, deploy, and manage critical infrastructure security services and tools for authentication, authorization, identity & access management, PKI, secrets management, Zero-Trust networks, logging, detection, mTLS and more
- Architect and provision controls on the “Paved Path” of CI/CD, so that we’re secure by default
- Automate detection of vulnerabilities, evaluate and deploy critical patches to production systems
- Train new engineers and evangelize good security habits; ensure best practices (in technology via education/outreach)
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with experts in infrastructure and product engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with containerized environments
- Drives security culture and security as an enabler
- Experience with Elixir (languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault & Duo’s Network Gateway