Cyber Security Manager
Remote, United States
Vidyard is the video platform that's built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It's the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Security Manager to join our fast growing engineering team. Reporting into the Director of the Platform & Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for leading and advising security related projects to help ensure our services and infrastructure are protected. Your contributions will have a meaningful impact on the company’s success as you coordinate and lead all of our security compliance and process activities. We are looking for someone with a broad range of knowledge and skills on software development with a deep expertise in cloud security from your experience leading these efforts in the past.
This is a remote position. More details on remote life at Vidyard below.
About the Team
Our engineering team consists of more than 70 developers across multiple product streams and a Platform & Infrastructure team. We are passionate about developer and employee experience and making Vidyard an amazing place to learn and ship.
What You’ll Work On
- Partnering with other teams to help secure our security posture and monitor their configurations, vulnerabilities and compliance
- Leading efforts to define, document and implement industry leading security practices & internal controls
- Evaluating new cybersecurity threats and IT trends to develop effective security controls
- Researching, developing and maintaining a high quality security/vulnerability posture
- Assisting with quarterly pen testing and compliance certification audits with our security vendors
- Lending your expertise to enable our pre-sales technical teams to manage customer security questionnaires
As a Security Manager You Can Expect To:
- Actively monitor our security stance, and react and respond to alerts across our platforms and tools
- Coordinate with internal teams to operationalize and audit infosec policies
- Manage core internal security policies and processes such as Security Incident Management, Risk Management, Vulnerability Management
- Lead and facilitate all periodic regulatory processes (e.g. SOC2, ISO27001), coordinating and gathering information across the company to fulfill our obligations
- Manage our vendor assessment processes, interfacing with external stakeholders as necessary.
- Lead security focused projects that will help protect our customers, services, and company
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 5+ years of industry experience working within the information security domain (direct SaaS startup experience is an added asset)
- Experience with security compliance platforms such as Vanta
- Deep understanding of information security standards and frameworks (e.g. ISO27001, SOC2, etc)
- You thrive at solving ambiguous and challenging security or compliance problems
- You are able to easily breakdown security problems or incidents into meaningful solutions to help mitigate future attacks or vulnerabilities
- You are eager and capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather information, monitor compliance, identify security blindspots and help them understand the related risks of their ideas and solutions
Our Tech Stack
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure and services
- Infrastructure as Code tooling - Terraform
- Version control - Git
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Container Orchestration platforms such as AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Security Infrastructure Tooling (WAF, Guard Duty, Datadog)
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. We are all aboard at Vidyard and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value direct and transparent communication, you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country, our Talent team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video-centric organization, Vidyard has mastered the art of remote work. Whether you are local to our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, or you join us from elsewhere, you will be an integral part of the team.
Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace.
- Socialize purposefully within teams as well as across the organization.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule. We know your time is valuable, so own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
We believe working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers, so from onboarding to day-to-day operations, your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs like this
Staff Engineer - Information SecurityAgile Automation Cloud Compliance Monitoring Privacy SaaS
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs