Cloud Infrastructure Support Consultant
SapphireSapphire Systems removes digital friction from mid-market to mid-enterprise businesses by deploying the very latest in digital operations platforms.
About Sapphire Systems:
Sapphire is the largest digital operating transformation provider to the mid-market and mid-enterprise clients. Our mission is to turn operating friction into digital business momentum. Through the passion and expertise of our people, we unlock the cloud-delivered operating platforms, digital user experiences, data analytics, and intelligent automation that transforms our client’s operational performance. We are globally significant partners for SAP, ServiceNow, Automation Anywhere, Infor, Hexagon and AWS, and we have transformed the digital operating capacity, capability, intelligence and resilience of over 1,250 clients in the UK and US through our portfolio of consulting, design, delivery, lifecycle service, and cloud services.
Reporting to the Sapphire Beyond Programme Director, the role requires the person to work with an established team. The team provides 24 hour x 7 days per week technical hotline/direct dial-in support to Sapphire’s SAP Business One and Infor SunSystems customers’ base. The role is application support based and the successful candidate will be expected and required to have expertise in at least three or more of the following areas:-
- Microsoft Server operating systems (2008 / 2012) and SQL Server (2005 / 2008 / 2012, including SRS) (basic database administrator level)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrable experience with hosting and virtualisation technologies (Hyper –V, VMware)
- Microsoft Terminal Server/Citrix technologies (Presentation Server 4.5, XenApp 5+, XenApp 6+)
- ITIL Foundation
- Infor SunSystems*
- SAP Business One *
- Networking technologies
- Understand user requirements and requests to allow fast and efficient deployments of customer environments.
- Understand the entire structure of the environment and continue to assess additional requirements (infrastructure and software), vulnerabilities and maintain the system in good working order ensuring continued up time.
- Confer with management and/or users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs and configuration changes.
- Work closely with the Network Security Officer (NSO) to ensure appropriate ISO 27001:2013 compliance is maintained around data access and availability within the support estate.
- Document procedures and any testing in a comprehensive manner to allow team members to self learn.
- Train the broader Sapphire Anywhere and Sapphire Technical support team(s) on deployment methodologies (VM) and surrounding best practices around any specialist knowledge including ITIL specific practices.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files within the support estate along with system performance.
- Daily review of system monitors and backup jobs to ensure all jobs have been completed successfully and no customer system is in a warning or down state.
- Review data storage (customer) and platform usage to minimise data and resource (VM) redundancy. Ensuring that the keeping of customer data is maintained at ISO standards.
- Stay up to date with industry standard technologies required for platform delivery such as Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre Security ensuring a continued dialogue with peers and management to share relevant updates
Experience and Required Skills
- Should be a team player and capable of handling work pressure as and when required.
- Working on day to day technical support for external customers based across globe with high standard of customer satisfaction and technical support delivery.
- Liaison with 3rd party and software suppliers to reach an end to end solution for customers.
- Working in shifts would be expected apart from UK working hours (Work from home option available for odd working hours)
- Eager to explore and learn new forthcoming technical skill especially related to Microsoft, Citrix.
- Installation of various financial applications as per requirement based on the installation guide available
- Troubleshooting and managing any application issues which could arise due to Operating System / Database or hosting platform (e.g. Citrix, VMware)
- Call handling, Registering, Updating and timely closure of support logged calls ensuring customers positive feedback.
- Open to learn and troubleshoot (from tech prospective) Financial Applications e.g. Infor SunSystems / SAP Business One etc.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs