Senior Cyber Security Technical Lead
Posted 8 months ago
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Perhaps most importantly, we want you to share in and exemplify Argo’s Core Values:
- Safety is Number One. It’s our way of working each and every day.
- We build the future street-by-street, block-by-block, going city-to-city.
- Honesty and humility always win over hubris and headlines.
- Respect is everyone’s responsibility.
- Embracing differences delivers superior results.
- If in doubt, find a way to figure it out.
- Solutions are only as good as the problems they solve.
- We > I
- History is made by those who never give up.
Meet the team:
We are a high-performing team that is excited by complex security challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. The cyber security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate IP and employee data. Cyber security is a team sport, and we are looking for a leader who will develop and execute a strategy to push the team to achieve world-class status. Argo is building technology of the future and our cyber security team needs to stay a step ahead of that!
What you’ll do:
- Build on our solid foundation to develop a cyber security strategy that secures existing and next-generation technology needs by working closely with our fast-moving IT, engineering and administrative teams
- Have unwavering focus on the protection of Argo’s intellectual property, our employee information, and the data that our partners share with us
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of software engineers to implement best-in-class cyber security for our development and cloud environments
- Oversee security audits and threat/risk assessments then follow through to ensure remediation of identified deficiencies
- Develop and implement business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous even in the event that a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Identify, report on, and orchestrate response and recovery from any security-related incidents
- Maintain and expand the scope of our ISO 27001 certification and identify/achieve other appropriate security certifications
- Develop and manage the cyber security budget and identify efficiencies
- Manage relationships with vendors and partners to define and audit for security SLAs
- Manage people to deliver results, build capabilities, and ensure high-performing team dynamics
- Report to the Argo Leadership team with quantifiable and risk-identifying metrics
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of cyber security experience with at least 3 years of proven leadership experience
- Subject matter expert in several security technologies (depth) with ability to lead across enterprise security domains (breadth)
- Communication skills that show ability to move from high-level, executive awareness to deep technical details
- Ability to expertly collaborate across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask with expert organizational skills in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- Ability to operate effectively as a leader, manager, and collaborator with technical leadership
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.