Associate Director of Cyber Operations Teams
Cambridge, MA, United States
BiogenAt Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Since our founding in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen has led innovative scientific research with the goal over the last decade to defeat...
At Biogen, we offer a workplace that is unique, connected, resilient and impactful. Our purpose to find cures for rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry. We are connected as a team by this shared purpose, the pride we have in our work, and the inspiration we obtain from the lives we’re changing. We are resilient as we overcome obstacles, following the science to deliver for our patients. Most of all, our work allows us to have an impact. An impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine.
About this role
We are seeking a proven leader for our newly established Cyber Security Operation Center that will shape incident response procedures and develop an investigative model focused on identifying root cause / contributing factors to ensure that lessons learned are captured and shared with remediation teams preventing reoccurrences and strengthening cyber security engineering. In combination with the procedural work, this leader will also be responsible for developing and maturing workflows and automation across both the SIEM and XSOAR platforms aligned to the NIST Implementation Tier 3 “Repeatable” standard of operations for Detect and Respond.
What you’ll do
- Lead and coordinate the efforts to protect Biogen from cyber threats! Cyber Security Operations Center Director will provide oversight and management of the CSOC including security operations management and security incident response, incident detection and analysis, containment and eradication of cybersecurity incidents, and data leakage spills.
- This will be accomplished through the development and management of highly effective Tier 1 and Tier 2 Security Operations Teams that will be providing 24/7 Incident Response and Cyber Investigative services. Along with this core duty, this senior leader will participate in key working groups and committees like cyber risk exception management, security architecture oversight, and other where they will provide subject matter expertise and ensure that new product development and risk management decisions incorporate adequate compensating controls.
- Manage program and processes to quickly detect, respond, and resolve security incidents
- Supervise company and managed resources across the globe and coordinate incident management
- Support and collaborate with multiple teams including NOC, OCC, Security Engineering, IAM, and Incident Response
- Establish and maintain operational SOPs in support of CSOC and security technologies
- Establish and maintain training plans and conduct ongoing training of CSOC staff
- Establish a development program to foster professional advancement of the CSOC staff
- Create specialized dashboards, reports, alerts
- Develop incident metric program and global incident reporting
- Conduct critical research related to global events that could potentially affect organization
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities
- Ability to perform and speak regarding log analysis, use of IDS, IPS, and/or other signature technology
- Collaborate with client technical teams for issue resolution and mitigation
- To identify weak links in information security products, and determine how to mitigate the control deficiencies
Who you are:
- As the Associate Director for Cyber Security Operations Center, You…...
- Possess a strong service mindset and experience manager of manager with demonstrated track record of building high preforming teams.
- Strong knowledge base across industry standard frameworks (NIST, ISO, PCI)
- Results-driven individual who can manage multiple complex assignments, manage assignments based on criticality, in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to manage expectations with multiple stakeholders on projects and programs in conjunction with information security teams
- Demonstrated personal integrity, the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exhibit the appropriate level of judgment and decision making commensurate with the position and responsibilities
- Deep understanding of measurement and the key performance indicators for successful operations center environments
- Outstanding communication capabilities, written and oral, with an emphasis on prompt, transparent and appropriate targeting for incident related notifications
- 20 years of relevant experience with a combination of functional technical experience with aspects of major enterprise business systems and related technologies experience.
- 10 years of leadership experience managing and leading technical teams across information technology/security demonstrating a broad knowledge base of corporate IT operations / services / practices.
- Broad information cybersecurity knowledge, including familiarity with common attack methodologies, tactics and protocols, Advance Persistent Threat groups, Hacker activities and demonstrated leadership multi-national large scale cyber breaches and complex cyber investigations.
- Good understanding of AWS, Cloud platform and DevOps
- Data-driven decisions making based on Key Performance and Key Risk Indicators
- Experience with Multi-National / cross boarder operations
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or 20 years operational and leaders experience in information technology and security.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Clearance CMMC Computer Science DIACAP DoD ICD 503 Monitoring +4
Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance Parental leave +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs