Senior Consultant - Governance, Risk & Controls Advisory (GRCA)
KPMG AustraliaKPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
Our Governance, Risk and Controls Advisory (GRCA) team work with the boards and management of Australia’s largest and most successful companies to support their strategic and operational priorities, protect against threats and build resilience into the future. Our team consult on a wide range of risk advisory projects, including assessment through reviews, internal audits of ways in which governance, processes and risks are managed, and assisting landmark clients in measuring and improving business performance.
Forming part of the GRCA team in Brisbane, this role will play a key role in scoping, execution and delivery of a wide range of internal audit and risk advisory projects. You’ll be consulting with clients on how best to establish Governance, Business Process Controls and assist them in measuring business performance through the appropriate channels. You will:
- Work collaboratively with clients to design governance and control frameworks including monitoring mechanisms.
- Deliver targeted programs of work to provide assurance (in the second line supporting management and/or the third line as internal audit) over specific frameworks, processes, risks and controls.
- Report on outcomes of engagement and communication to stakeholders in a variety of mediums i.e., in person, written reports and by presentation in forums such as Audit and Risk Committee meetings.
- Lead junior team members on a day-to-day basis, mentoring and professional development.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, identifying opportunities for future business.
How are you extraordinary?
You are a people-person with a love of sharing your internal audit, governance, control and risk advisory insight, and tailoring your communication appropriately for subject matter experts and clients who want to learn more.
You are able to prepare high-quality client-ready deliverables and present to the senior leadership teams for review.
You are actively seek out opportunities for growth, are comfortable challenging the status quo, and enjoy getting out of your comfort zone.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications ideally having, or working towards, a CA/CPA/CIA equivalent post-tertiary qualification.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, able to articulate examples of dealing with difficult stakeholders, problem solving, process improvements.
- High level of organisation and ability to manage conflicting deadlines, priorities and wide variety of work engagements.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and network with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. We partner with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, drive disruption, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
Other jobs like this
Cyber – Cloud/ Security Architect - Cyber Defence - Consultant to DirectorApplication security AWS Azure Blockchain CISSP Cloud Computer Science +10
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs