Information Security Analyst (Remote)
Remote (Work From Home) US
At Lightcast we are rapidly growing and fiercely dedicated to serving our clients while still having fun and celebrating our successes.
Lightcast is a global leader in labor market insights with headquarters in Moscow (ID) and Boston (MA) and offices in the United Kingdom, Europe, New Zealand and India. We work with partners across six continents to help drive economic prosperity by solving a variety of problems in three key sectors: education, community, and corporate.
The Information Security Analyst will plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security protocols for the protection of the organizations computer networks and information.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborates with users to discuss computer data access needs, to identify security threats and violations, and to identify and recommend needed programming or process changes.
- Uses data encryption, firewalls, and other appropriate security tools and applications to conceal and protect transfers of confidential digital information.
- Develops and implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure; adheres to emergency data processing needs.
- Reviews violations of security procedures; provides training to ensure violations do not recur.
- Monitors and restricts access to sensitive, confidential, or other high-security data.
- Modifies security files and applications as able and necessary to provide specialized access, allow new software to be installed or integrated, or correct errors.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness.
- Determines when to update virus protection systems by monitoring current reports of computer viruses; facilitates or performs needed updates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of security software applications and tools.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems including firewalls, encryption, and password protection and authentication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Programming, or a related field required; M.B.A. in Information Systems preferred.
- At least three years of experience in computer systems with some specialization in computer security highly preferred.
Here are some of the perks our team members enjoy:
- You’ll be a valued member of a supportive and talented team
- Career Development Opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Health Insurance (Effective on day one!!)
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k with match (Immediately vested!)
- Generous PTO (We have the entire week between Christmas Eve and New Year's off as one Holiday!!)
- Life Insurance Options
- Flexible Work Schedule
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, a telephone, and keyboard reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to the computer work. Light to moderate lifting is required. Regular, predictable attendance is required. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The work environment characteristics described are what is encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phones, printers, light traffic). Ability to work in confined areas. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Lightcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Lightcast has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek dynamic professionals from all backgrounds to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Cybersecurity Analyst - SeniorApplication security Automation CISA CISM CISSP Compliance Computer Science +6
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs