Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 991
Riverside Research is seeking an Information System Security Officer to provide system authorization support, risk management and business continuity expertise, threat detection and prevention methods, incident response and management methods, auditing, vulnerability management support, and the authoring and coordinating of system security documentation for Riverside Research’s Information Security Program. This position functions as a corporate-level ISSO, responsible for supporting the development and oversight of a comprehensive information security program as identified in applicable corporate level requirements to include DFARS, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, etc. Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), coordinating, executing, and supporting cybersecurity assessment & authorization (A&A) activities such as risk management, business continuity, threat detection and prevention, incident response and management, auditing, vulnerability management support, and authoring/coordinating of system security documentation
- Facilitate, perform, and manage actions necessary to maintain system and capability accreditation status in accordance with DFARS, NIST 800-53 and 800-171, including scanning, auditing, and authoring/coordinating security accreditation-related documentation
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for corporate development and system maintenance projects, monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of corporate policy, procedures, and development
- Present system maintenance and authorization status, and potential issues to corporate leadership when necessary
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of A&A packages, System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Security Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs) and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) for all corporate systems
- Assist the ISSM in establishing and administering appropriate security systems, policies, standards, and procedures in compliance with applicable government and corporate directives, guidelines, and any customer contractual obligations
- Conduct regular audits in accordance with corporate compliance policies and guidance
- Assist in providing Continuous Monitoring activities for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist in the investigations of information system security violations and assist in the preparation of reports with corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Verify that all Information System authorization documentation is current and accessible to authorized individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- 1-3+ years of IT or IS related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II / IAM Level I certification
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and identify cyber security issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 3-5+ years of IT or IS related experience with recent ISSO experience
- Sec+/CASP certification
- Prior experience with SIEM tools (Splunk, LogRhythm, ArcSight, ESET, Tenable, etc.)
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:
Tags: ArcSight Audits CASP+ Compliance DFARS DoD DoDD 8570 IAM Incident response LogRhythm Monitoring NIST Nonprofit Physics R&D Risk assessment Risk Assessment Report Risk management SCTM SIEM Splunk System Security Plan Threat detection Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Clearance CMMC Computer Science DIACAP DoD ICD 503 Monitoring +4
Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance Parental leave +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs