Who We're Looking For (Position Overview)Spry Methods is on the search for a Vulnerability Analyst to join our team in supporting one of our government contracts in Springfield, VA.
This person will:• Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments• Plan and lead major technology assignments• Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success• Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments• May supervise others
What Your Day-To-Day Looks Like (Position Responsibilities)
- Perform penetration testing of various software, web applications, and communications infrastructure to assist in hardening the client’s cyber security posture against malicious actors.
- Expertise in the phases of penetration testing. Proficiency with Kali Linux and the associated penetration testing tool suite. Experience in penetration testing simulations like Hack the Box or Capture the Flag exercises considered a plus.
- Strong understanding of networking, computer typology, application security, and web administration services preferred.
- An understanding of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, PHP, Python,etc.) and the use of scripting languages during penetration testing.
- Active Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Active IAT III and CSSP Auditor certifications as required by DOD 8570.01-M
- Conduct security research on the latest emerging advanced persistent threats (APTs), malware, and other security developments in order to assist in enterprise security efforts. Apply this security research into assessments.
- Perform technical writing to communicate the preparation, testing, and recommendation phases for various security tests. Work with stakeholders to remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Train team members, colleagues, and customers on the latest cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) in order to grow the skill of the firm and clients.
- Develop more efficient processes and work to automate production in order to decrease company and client costs.
- Be available to contribute to presentations to customers and stakeholders on penetration test findings and other efforts aligning with the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Bring a positive and solution oriented outlook into difficult situations.
- Ability to demonstrate managing the client relationship, presenting sensitive information to decision makers, and providing strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of advanced persistent threats (APTs)
What You Need to Succeed (Minimum Requirements)
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Need one (1) certification from each category:
- IAT-III: CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- CSSP Auditor: CEH, CySA+, CISA, GSNA
Perks of Working for Us (Benefits):Medical Coverage – United Healthcare - 3 Options - Traditional - POS Choice Plus Network - HDHP - POS Choice Plus Network - HDHP - EPO Choice NetworkVision Coverage – VSP - Vision Service Plan Dental Coverage – Guardian Dental - PPO Premier Plan or Value Plan Paid Holidays: Full-time employees receive 11 paid federal holidays Paid Time Off (PTO) – PTO accrural starts at 15 days per yearTraining Benefit – Annual training allowance available toward any job-related training or education401 (k) – Multiple Fund Choices through Professional Capital Service (PCS) with a company matchFor our full list of benefits, please visit http://www.sprymethods.com/careers/benefits/
COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementThe COVID-19 vaccination requirement stated in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not implemented, however, please note that if E.O. 14042 or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates/employees to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). Spry is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
EEO StatementAt Spry, we believe talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. We are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive workplace that endorses engagement, creativity, quality and innovation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Application security Bash CASP+ CCNP CEH CISA CISSP Clearance DoD DoDD 8570 GCED GCIH Kali Linux Malware Pentesting PHP PowerShell Python Scripting Security Clearance Top Secret TS/SCI TTPs Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CALIFORNIA, United … Santa Clara, CALIFORNIA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 156K - 273K USD 156K+
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs