C002521 Threat Hunting Analyst (NS) - FRI 2 Dec
Mons, Wallonia, Belgium
Deadline Date: 02-DEC-2022
Requirement Title: Threat Hunting Analyst
Location: Mons, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
NATO Grade: A/ 106
Total Scope of the request (hours): 1254
Required Start Date: 16-JAN-2023
End Contract Date: 31-DEC-2023
Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
Duties and RoleAs a Cyber Security Threat Hunting Analyst the incumbent will work alongside a team of Security Analysts to proactively detect cyber security attacks against NATO networks. They will research and and react to the latest threats, using industry leading tools to discover new and ongoing attacks.
Provide subject matter expertise supporting the end-to-end threat hunting process.
Develop hypotheses to be used in a threat hunt.
Create security tool content such as searches, reports and dashboards to facilitate threat hunting.
Perform indepth analysis of suspicious activity to deliver conclusions and recommendations.
Review and develop logging configurations to enable a comprehensive threat hunting capability.
Develop and document threat hunting procedures.
Share the results of threat hunts via presentations and technical reports.
- NATO Secret security clearance
A university degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) content and 2 years of specific experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 4 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
Expert level in at least three of the following areas and a high level of experience in several of the other areas;
o Cybersecurity threat hunting
o MITRE ATT&CK Framework
o Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM) – e.g. Splunk o Splunk Processing Language
o Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) – e.g. SourceFire, Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention
o Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
o Full Packet Capture systems – e.g. Niksun, RSA/NetWitness
o Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
Proficiency in Intrusion/Incident Detection and Handling.
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications.
Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as GCFA, GCIA, GNFA.
Knowledge and experience in Splunk Enterprise Security suite.
A good understanding of Security, Orchestrations, Automation and Response (SOAR) concepts and their benefits to the protection of CIS infrastructures.
Knowledge and experience in threat hunting in corporate/government level environment.
Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
Experience in analysis of various threat actor groups, attack patterns and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), deep analysis of threats across the enterprise by combining security rules, content, policy and relevant datasets.
Ability to analyze attack vectors against a particular system to determine attack surface.
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Newcastle upon Tyne, United … Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 80K - 100K * USD 80K+ *
Senior Cyber Risk & Compliance AnalystCompliance GDPR Monitoring NIST PCI DSS Risk management Security strategy +2
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Unlimited paid time off
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs