Application Security Engineer
TruvetaWith a vision of saving lives with data, Truveta aims to help researchers find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decision about their care.
Application Security Engineer
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values. Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for a reliable and diligent engineer with excellent judgment and a strong track record in security and software engineering, who can bring his or her experience to bear on improving the state of the art. You will play a key role in advancing security by working with other Security Engineers, Program Managers, and Developers throughout the organization to instill an ‘Assume Breach’ security mindset and culture.
We are seeking software engineers who can:
- Analyze complex issues using multiple data sources to identify security problems.
- Provide insights on security designs (e.g., design reviews, threat models).
- Understand overall feature architecture and aligns security analysis to it.
- Understand scope of problems and how they can affect down-level platforms.
- Identify fewer common types of security issues, defects, or threats, in a product.
- Identify and remedy security issues by collaborating with one or more feature teams.
- Evaluate products against security baselines (e.g., gap analysis) by comparing features in a product and initial features of the baseline.
- Identify, prioritize, and target complex security issues that cause negative impact to customers.
- Develop feedback channels and translates feedback into better security practices. Escalates issues as needed.
- Lead large-scale security reviews.
- Lead work on architectural and design security reviews for feature areas.
- Evaluate security risks and their impact to the affected services and works with Development Operation leads, engineering leads and researchers to mitigate risks.
- Monitor and responds to security events, potential vulnerabilities, exposures, and policy compliance issues.
- Take product schedules, dependencies and risk assessments into consideration in performing security design and analysis.
- Bachelor/Master of in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience or education.
- 7+ years of technical skills with C, C++, C# and scripting languages (Python/PowerShell/JS) and relational databases.
- 3+ years of computer security industry experience utilizing reverse engineering and knowledge of security/threat landscape.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system internals and modern security problems.
- Experience in technical disciplines outside the security space, including general software development, networking, database management, big data and full-stack development is a strong plus.
- Reverse Engineering skills: familiar with debuggers, disassemblers, network protocols, file formats, sandboxes, hardware/firmware internals, software communication mechanisms.
- Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security or detection improvements.
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Montreal, Quebec, Canada Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States … Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States - Remote Full TimeContractMid Mid-levelUSD 135K - 150K USD 135K+
Enterprise Horizon Consulting Group
Senior DevSecOps Engineer- RemoteAutomation CI/CD Clearance DevSecOps DoD Governance Security Clearance
Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs