Senior Staff Network Security Engineer
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Staff Network Security Engineer on the Cloud Networking team, you will be responsible for managing and operating the global production network infrastructure as it pertains to security.
The Staff Network Security Engineer will be an integral part of the Cloud Network Services (CNS) Security team and closely partner with other Security and Cloud Network Services (CNS) teams. The role will require a deep technical understanding of network security and the ability to understand ServiceNow Cloud architecture and implementations to support implemented network security as well as improving it. In addition to supporting the production Cloud network, job duties include vulnerability remediation and troubleshooting, including reviewing scan results, calculating risk analyses to identify true risk within the network environment, then influence or implement remediation and provide reporting where required.
Primary roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Propose and implement firewall design and configurations as well as DDOS attack protection tools
- Monitor, track, respond to, and investigate reported issues, then work with the responsible parties in CNS and other teams to drive timely results and remediation
- Partner with stakeholders to drive down vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies
- Create and maintain internal-use and customer VPNs
- Participate in network-related audits by both customers and internal compliance auditors
- Prepare, review, and execute planned changes to CNS Security environment
- Participate in rotating “on-call” schedule with other members of the team
- Partner with other CNS teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance
- Where needed, report information upstream in accordance with security requirements
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The candidate should have a solid foundation in network security fundamentals including stateful firewalls, access-list filtering, DDOS mitigation strategies, VPNs, and NAT (network address translation). As well, the candidate should be well-versed in routing, switching and load balancing.
The following is a list of requirements for this role:
- Solid understanding of and have experience with most of the following network security technologies: Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), intrusion detection & prevention systems (IDS/IPS), DDoS mitigation solutions, and VPN (virtual private network) gateways
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability management tools and a strong technical understanding for assessing vulnerabilities and identifying weaknesses detected within Cloud Network Services’ assets
- Strong coordination and troubleshooting skills while handling complex network security incidents and escalations
- Experience working with remotely to both physical and cloud-provider (Microsoft Azure) data centers
- Good understanding of and have recent experience with the following network technologies: Load Balancing, BGP, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS and SNMP
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP (common packet headers, protocol innerworkings, both IPv4 and IPv6)
- Familiarity with PAN-OS, JUNOS and Cisco Nexus operating systems is required; Cisco ASA knowledge and experience strongly desired; Corero Smartwall and Illumio experience is a plus
- Documentable Linux experience as a user; Linux administration is a plus
- Experience with network automation languages and tools such as Ansible and Python is a plus
- In depth knowledge of troubleshooting and monitoring tools like tcpdump & Wireshark highly desired
- The ability to partner with peers and work empathetically with customers who are globally distributed is a key part of this role
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, both in writing and verbally, and documentation skills are required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs