Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant who will advise clients on strengthening cybersecurity controls and improving compliance with cybersecurity frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Risk Management Framework (RMF), PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and others. This person must be located within 50 miles of a Dark Wolf hub of operations: Herndon, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Omaha, NE, or Alpharetta, GA.
- Conduct interviews and engage in hands-on work to understand and improve client cybersecurity processes, technologies, and configurations.
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity frameworks.
- Learn Dark Wolf's approach and experience with continuous-Authority to Operate (ATO) and Fast-Track ATO, and successfully apply that knowledge base to specific customer problem-statements.
- Work as the connective tissue for all of a customer's cybersecurity requirements, growing your individual knowledge-base, while also comfortably working across various external stakeholders, and within Dark Wolf for nuanced expertise.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to deliver quick wins for customers, conduct workshop style collaborative sessions across stakeholders, and deploy other management consulting tools/techniques to create forward progress against a customer's goals.
- Perform cybersecurity gap analyses between client implementations and requirements articulated in cybersecurity frameworks and best practices.
- In some circumstances, create artifacts to support making accreditation decisions to include System Security Plans (SSPs), control matrices, security assessment reports, and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M)s.
- Work as part of a larger Cybersecurity Team and may support multiple programs at one time.
- A bachelor’s degree in information security or related technical discipline from a traditional four-year program.
- 5+ years of experience in technical consulting, with a focus on cybersecurity.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and via presentations): able to clearly articulate and tailor complex ideas based on a situation for executive level consumption.
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with customers.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during customer interactions.
- Prior big-four (or similar) advisory experience (big-four being Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG, or PwC)
- U.S. Citizenship and clearable to a Secret clearance or higher.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- The following certifications are desired: CEH, Security +, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC
- More than 5+ years of big-four (or similar) advisory experience.
- Masters Degree in relevant cybersecurity discipline or M.B.A. via a traditional two-year program.
- Commercial consulting experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.