Defense and Response - Threat Detection - Senior Associate
Reston, VA, United States
Fannie MaeFannie Mae is your source for mortgage financing and reliable housing information.
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Defense and Response - Threat Detection - Senior Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
As a valued colleague on our team, you will monitor and evaluate threats to Fannie Mae's cybersecurity. In this role, you will set up checks and warnings to alert management when suspicious activity is detected.
- Present information to team to ensure current understanding of Fannie Mae's information security activities and systems.
- Create advanced cyber indicators to maintain awareness of systems and alert when abnormal behavior is detected.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing indicators to detect more advanced threats.
- Independently monitor cyber threats in real-time.
- Work with Incident Response to investigate threats and attacks.
- Ability to be on on-call rotation during non-business hours
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Sec+, CySA, CISSP, SANS Certs, ect
- Previous experience in NOC/SOC environment
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience with Security Automation, Orchestration, and Response Platforms
- Experience with security technologies such as Splunk, and endpoint UEBA tools
- Scripting skills (PowerShell and/or Python).
- Advanced understanding of Windows, Linux, and/or UNIX OS.
- Understanding of networking including packet capture analysis.
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the OS
- Experience identifying and determining levels of risk to an organization's networks and systems using cybersecurity techniques and tools such as penetration testing, application security, and intel
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of relevant software such as MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- The group of skills related to Security including designing and evaluating security systems, identifying security threats, securing computers, assessing vulnerability, etc.
- Skilled in Maltego for data mining
- Skilled in VPN software and encrypting data
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
- Skilled in HTML
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in Azure
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Experience using VMWare
- Skilled in ThreatStream
- Skilled in Active Directory
- Experience using media storage management software
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Active Directory Application security Automation AWS Azure CISSP Cloud Finance Incident response Linux MITRE ATT&CK MongoDB Monitoring MySQL Pentesting PowerShell Python SANS Scripting SOC Splunk Threat detection UNIX VMware VPN Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Boston, Massachusetts, United States Boston, Massachusetts, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 99K USD 52K+
Global Atlantic Financial Group
Analyst, Cyber Threat and VulnerabilityActive Directory AWS Azure C CEH CISSP Cloud +38
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Fertility benefits +10
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United … Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 125K - 250K USD 125K+
Principal Systems Engineer - Linux / Scripting / Automation / Threat AnalysisAnsible Automation AWS Azure Bash Bitbucket CI/CD +15
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Anywhere in the U.S. … Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Sr. Analyst, Threat and Vulnerability ManagementAutomation Compliance Privacy Qualys Risk management SOAR Vulnerabilities +1
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs