Security Assurance Automation Developer (Cortex XDR)
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a highly technical individual Security Assurance Automation Developer to join the Threat and Detection team in our Tel-Aviv R&D center to Drive our Security
Automation efforts across the company.
As Security Assurance Automation Developer, you will be in charge of, first and foremost, the Security quality Assurance of our Cortex Platform.
You will analyze security protection capabilities, develop security automation tests and build the needed infrastructure & extension to stabilize and enrich our security Infrastructure code and Quality.
The team is dedicated to performing and validating PANW Cortex security features on multiple operating systems including but not limited to Windows and Linux, simulating known threats and offensive tools, to determine new features security coverage & detection quality across the Kill Chain /MITRE ATT&CK framework and real threats.
In this role, you will identify ways to solve problems by creating and validating custom
ATTACK infrastructure, tooling, New Security Features & advancing in-house capabilities
The job is deeply hands-on and requires a deep understanding of the product and the
environments it runs.
- Learn new security features, technologies and platforms in a relatively short amount of time
- Create Security automation tools and scripts that emulating automated security threats
- Reproduce and analyze security bugs that either came from the field or have been found during the security validation cycle
- Work closely with our engineering teams to understand business requirements and needed Security Feature Validation
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans based on requirements
- Design and writing the infrastructure and progression tests for new features
- Partner with research and low-level engineering groups to identify issues and gaps
- Identifying, reporting, documenting and tracking defect/bug issues
- Experience in one of the following languages - Python /GO/ PowerShell/ Bash
- At least 2 years of experience as automation Engineer / Security Pen-testing
- Experience in automation and operation of known & custom post exploitation infrastructure and tools like Metasploit, empire etc. - Advantage
- Experience with cloud-native technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc . - Advantage
- Experience with Windows & Linux internal testing - Advantage
- A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the product
- Mid-Senior Level of experience is required
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Team player
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
More information about the Cortex XDR product can be found here.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs