Email Security Engineer
New York, NY
Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Email Security Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging team of experts to provide high quality solutions for a global enterprise email infrastructure. S/he will be responsible for the overall design and implementation of a cutting edge email infrastructure, and focus on designing next-generation controls on the perimeter messaging platforms.
As the Email Security Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analysis and implementation of perimeter email security and email routing solutions.
- Provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives.
- Implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
- Maintain email security infrastructure, providing stability by developing tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing email security solutions
- Expert knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix
- Strong knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory
- Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell)
- Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions
- Expert knowledge of SMTP and related RFCs (RFC 821/5321, etc), TLS, DNS and related standards
- Strong Linux Sysadmin experience
- Project management skills with experience on enterprise projects
- Strong general networking background (firewalls, routing, load balancing, packet capture and analysis, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills like being a great teammate and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work in an adaptable environment
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
- Strong presentation and writing skills
Our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.