Manager, Incident Response
Lehi, UT, United States
VeriskThe world's most effective and responsible data analytics company in pursuit of our customers' most strategic opportunities.
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
- Apply a formal structured methodology to guide an incident through its lifecycle with a consistent level of quality.
- Formally track and document incident response efforts as part of the cyber incident lifecycle including Root-Cause identification and post-incident activities
- Serve as incident commander during small and medium scale incidents as well as subject matter expert during large scale incident response scenarios
- Follow through with the tracking and execution of Lessons Learned and Post incident activities portion of the Incident Response Process
- Collaborate with other members of the Threat Management Team regarding SIEM correlation tuning opportunities and Threat Intelligence efforts.
- Provide SME support and training to junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related sciences preferred. Master’s degree in Information Security a plus.
- 5+ years of information security experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must have industry-recognized certifications such as GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM. Networking, Cloud, and other certifications a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Operating Systems, Networking, Information Systems and Technology, Cloud, and Virtualization Concepts as well as strong knowledge of common security tools including SIEM, EDR, IPS, Forensic Tools
- Proven skills in various elements of incident response including but not limited to computer intrusion investigations and digital forensics in enterprise environments as well as a thorough understanding of attacker methodologies and TTPs.
- Advanced understanding of information security governance concepts including security incident response plans and cyber security incident management including proficiency with leading SIEM, EDR, eDiscovery, and forensic analysis tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subjects regarding strategic and tactical processes of incident response to stakeholders of varying technical levels.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently, or with a team, on moderate to complex assignments using independent professional discretion and judgment as well as transition quickly between projects.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale.
We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law
More jobs like this
Highlands Ranch, CO, United … Highlands Ranch, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 67K - 112K * USD 67K+ *
Cybersecurity Operations Analyst, Applied CryptographyAutomation Certificate management Cloud Compliance Cryptography Encryption FIPS 140-2 +2
Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +2
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs