Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer
The Vice President of Information Security will work with a cross-functional team of professionals in a fast-paced, start-up environment to coordinate the development, adoption, and enforcement of Magic Leap’s information security policies, procedures, and standards in what is considered to be uncharted technological territory. You will oversee the distribution of policies, procedures and standards to the ML community, and coordination of the development and delivery of operational standards on information security and related privacy matters for the Magic Leap community. The role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be based at Magic Leap Headquarters in Plantation, FL.
- Manages company-wide information security governance processes by directing information security staff and partnering with IT, legal and Software Security as well as other business leaders to build an information security program and associated priorities.
- Maintain, test and enforce ML’s information security policies, procedures and standards including, without limitation, conducting risk analyses, overseeing vulnerability detection and remediation, identifying threats, and developing appropriate measures of enforcement.
- Coordinate ML’s privacy compliance approach and operate as ML’s point of contact and compliance officer for information security and privacy incidents, including managing relationships with law enforcement entities. Prepare and submit annual filings and reports to external agencies.
- Stay informed of the latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, and laws that have an impact on ML and its information security policies, procedures and standards. Make recommendations for improvements to ML’s information security policies, procedures and standards to adhere to best practices in the industry.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance of ML’s information security policies, procedures and standards.
- A minimum of 15 years’ work experience in Information Security and/or IT position with increasing management responsibilities required; preferably including experience in a hyper-growth company with a demonstrated track record of IT accomplishments
- Highly-developed business acumen and acuity
- Expert knowledge and understanding of standard Information Security methodologies, functions, practices, procedures and techniques
- Current knowledge of federal and state privacy and security laws and regulations, as well as industry best practices.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including engagement and communication with C-suite executives
- Ability to explain information security, cyber security and data privacy issues and programs to non-technical and non-expert audiences
- Ability to think strategically and understand trends in technology, along with being able to translate those trends into opportunities for ongoing improvement
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and external resources
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a closely related field required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.