Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
XOR Security is actively seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The ideal candidate will provide technical support of a 24x7 cyber program in the areas of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Active CISSP.
- One or more of the following certifications: GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCED, or other Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CCSP).
- Demonstrated understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with a solid understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with experience in the last two (2) years that includes host-based and network-based security monitoring, identifying and analyzing anomalous activities with familiarity in insider threat monitoring software, host- based forensic tools, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis functions, security information event management (SIEM) platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, security operations ticket management.
- Experience creating insider threat focused dashboards, reports and workflow diagrams.
- Experience collecting data and reporting results; handling and escalating security issues or emergency situations appropriately; providing incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data.
- Experience with ad-hoc training to junior, mid, senior members of a cyber work force in a collaborative environment.
- Subject matter expert in the field of digital media exploitation or forensics.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Experience supporting a SOC program in incident response tools and techniques, specifically with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, etc.
- Experience with static and dynamic malware analysis, including reverse engineering of binaries.
- Familiarity with coding, scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Understanding of hardware configurations and comfort with disassembling and reassembling computers and periphery devices.
- Expert understanding of computer file systems, hard drive architecture and connection types.
- In-depth experience with file system forensics, registry analysis, Internet history analysis, steganography and encryption detection and analysis, forensic media imaging, timeline analysis, email analysis, signature/hash analysis.
- Ability and experience extracting and managing complex large data sets.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Experience managing a technical team
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Hard drive and/or cellular phone repair skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Network and intrusion analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Forensic video analysis
- Digital forensic instructor
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Reverse engineering
- Application analysis
- Network forensics
- Intrusion analysis
- Intelligence analysis
- Social networking analysis
- Law enforcement investigation
- Finished intelligence report writing
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics ArcSight Bash CASP+ CCNP CCSP CISA CISSP Clearance Computer Science Encryption Forensics GCED GCFA GCIA GCIH Incident response Intrusion detection Malware Monitoring PCAP Perl PowerShell Python Reverse engineering Ruby Scripting SIEM SOC Splunk Threat detection
More jobs like this
Highlands Ranch, CO, United … Highlands Ranch, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 67K - 112K * USD 67K+ *
Cybersecurity Operations Analyst, Applied CryptographyAutomation Certificate management Cloud Compliance Cryptography Encryption FIPS 140-2 +2
Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +2
Boston, Massachusetts, United States Boston, Massachusetts, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 99K USD 52K+
Global Atlantic Financial Group
Analyst, Cyber Threat and VulnerabilityActive Directory AWS Azure C CEH CISSP Cloud +38
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Fertility benefits +10
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs