LunoAvailable in over 40 countries including the US. Luno is a secure cryptocurrency platform that lets you buy, sell, store and trade BTC and ETH.
A little about us:
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world's most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $21 billion to date.
- Over 9 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, the United States, Australia and Singapore.
- Luno is one of the few crypto exchanges that has received a registration certificate in Indonesia under Bappebti (Badan Pengawas Perdagangan Berjangka Komoditi) and Ministry of Trade.
The role in a nutshell:
You will form part of the Financial Crime Compliance Operations team based in Kuala Lumpur, and you will report to the Compliance Operations Team Lead for Asia Pacific (APAC) in Malaysia. Our Compliance Operations team looks after our global business and consists of a growing team of enthusiastic, energetic Lunauts. You will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with other business units, including Engineering, Product and Legal teams, servicing the business on an international level together with the teams from Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States.
The Compliance Operations team takes care of all operational aspects of financial crime compliance related matters for Luno's global business. Our mission is to create a world class compliance experience for Luno as well as our customers. We make sure we have the processes and information available that enable us to truly know our customers, we monitor for any external red flags customers may raise when they use Luno and we deal with any questions our business or customers may have on what good looks like. We operate in regional teams all over the world with our central team in South Africa.
Your mission will involve:
- Supporting the Compliance Operations APAC Team Lead in the planning and oversight of day to day team tasks where required;
- Working with the APAC Compliance Advisory team ensuring that our operations are regulatory compliant;
- Reporting on and presenting periodic compliance related data, including progress reports, service level agreements, etc;
- Supporting Luno’s compliance efforts across Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and Singapore in APAC, as well as in other jurisdictions ;
- Following policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and Singapore regulations, including but not limited to Anti Money Laundering (AML), Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and Know Your Customer (KYC);
- Assisting in the implementation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations;
- Support the business with compliance operations related queries, including triaging received queries and resolution of questions pertaining to Luno’s compliance policies/procedures;
- Conducting enhanced due diligence reviews of customers and research, organizing, filing and documenting the outcomes of these reviews;
- Participating in the day to day activities pertaining to Luno’s global KYC processes for ongoing and enhanced due diligence;
- Reviewing potential sanctions, adverse media and political exposure matches identified for customers;
- Monitoring and reviewing transactional alerts;
- Drafting and filing regulatory reports including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) and responding to regulatory requests;
- Collaborate with the wider Financial Crime team to support ongoing investigations, queries and analytics;
- Supporting external compliance audits; and
- Assisting the legal team in requests from law enforcement pertaining to money laundering.
The ideal Lunaut will have:
- A BA, BSc, BComm or other qualification from an accredited college/university
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in AML/CFT related field in Malaysia, Indonesia or Singapore
- Experience in review of transaction monitoring alerts, drafting and filing regulatory reports to, and responding to requests from, the Malaysian regulator would be an advantage
- Experience in review of customer screening alerts and conducting customer due diligence reviews
- Experience in drafting of enhanced due diligence reports
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, report writing and documenting outcomes of reviews and investigations
- High proficiency in English (please ensure that your application is in English)
- If not an Malaysian citizen, an existing, valid permit to work in Malaysia
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Solid interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Familiarity with crypto-currencies will be highly advantageous
Remote Life at Luno:
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Luno’s Remote but Reachable model allows our employees the opportunity to work either remotely or at the office, while individual teams will have specific requirements on the coming together of team members in our shared workspaces.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno continues to work to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and Codecademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay zero fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave (and even pawternity leave).
- An annual inspiration day, over and above your annual and public holiday leave... for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a globally diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionize the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
- Free lunch and snacks
- Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That's why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs