Cyber Threat Analyst
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Wouldn’t it be great if you could just grab a cup of coffee with an executive team member, or have one of your achievements recognized personally by one of the owners of the company? Imagine how much you could grow if the company you worked for had in-house mentors who really cared about your goals. When you join the phia phamily, this is what you’ll encounter!
phia, LLC is actively pursuing a Cyber Threat Analyst to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission. This job is located in Fairfax, VA with frequent/full remote options during the pandemic.
- Conduct all-source research on cyber threats; evaluate both technical and Intel reporting for cyber threat activities of interest.
- Track Advanced Persistent Threats activities and TTPs; prepare cyber threat assessments based on research and unique data set and events.
- Assist in facilitating the sharing of cyber threat of information to the LE, CI, and other Government entities; execute activities to support inquiries from customers and mission partners.
- Analyze and vet cyber threat indicators, and input these indicators into custom databases for additional processing.
- Collaborate with other technical personnel (e.g. forensic analysts, network analysts) to gain better understanding and knowledge of APTs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of analytical procedures and processes in support of changing operational requirements.
- Develop and lead execution of stakeholder analyst-to-analyst feedback processes to understand the needs of the constituency.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with sponsors and collaborators, and assist them in strengthening their analysis and cyber defense capabilities, providing on-site support as necessary.
- Engage critical infrastructure stakeholders to identify their requirements for participation in cyber information sharing and collaboration programs and help lead to meet these requirements.
- Foster collaboration and information sharing among entities within the community.
- Work to continually improve the tools, processes, and systems utilized within the community.
- Produce high-quality whitepapers, presentations, briefings, and executive summaries to be used by Senior U.S. Government officials.
- Active SSBI, SCI eligible (Must be a U.S. Citizen).
- Bachelor of Science or IT related field of study.
- 5-15 or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security.
- Strong communications and technical writing skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously.
- Nine (9) or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security.
- Familiarity with SOC/NOC operations.
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response.
- Familiarity with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS.
- Understanding of network and system administration.
- Experience with database (e.g. MS Access, SQL) and/or portal administration (e.g. SharePoint).
- Customer service experience.
- CISSP certification or equivalent work experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core business hours
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Frequent/full remote options during the pandemic.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active SSBI (Top Secret); eligible for SCI and DHS EOD
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll