Application Security Engineer Lead
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 100 people working remotely across six time zones around the world, including office hubs in Buenos Aires and Europe. We recently raised $23M in a Series A round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As an Application Security Engineer Lead you will help set the direction and manage the execution of the MURAL product security strategy. You will be responsible for:
- Performing security reviews of MURAL product features and architecture
- Operation of our public bug bounty program
- Implementation and operation of SAST and DAST technologies in the CI workflow
- Working closely with Development teams to track and manage product risks to remediation
- Working closely with QA to increase coverage of security testing
- Communicating and nurturing relationships with security researchers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Producing metrics to help track the health of our product vulnerability management strategy
- Educating and evangelizing secure coding best practices
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies
- 3+ years experience in a product security focused role
- Experience with product security at a multi-tenant SaaS company preferred
- Deep understanding of web application and mobile application security risks
- Deep understanding of Linux, Networking, Cryptography, and Cloud Architecture fundamentals
- Experience with vulnerability management
- Experience with software development
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Node.js
- If you have participated in public or private Bug Bounty programs, or have any other open source or community contributions, presentations, or blog posts in the security space, please share it with us!
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexibility with schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.