Senior Cloud Security Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Snowflake is looking for a hands-on senior cloud security engineer to improve and maintain our security posture. We are looking for someone with 8/10 years’ experience in cloud/information security with deep understanding of various technologies in the security domain. This role will require someone passionate about DevSecOps, with an accomplished background in secure software engineering, with strong exposure to cloud platform security practices. A passion for building secure world-class infrastructure and tooling in terms of reliability, scalability, and accessibility will be paramount.
The person in this role will help implement a capability driven, highly automated approach to our security operations, monitoring & detection, incident response capabilities, and our overall information security risk management program efforts. A successful person in this role will be an individual who is an avid problem solver with a background in systems design, architecture and compliance and is one who loves an environment focused on software engineering practice excellence, code reviews and regular pairing.
- Administration of Certificate Lifecycle Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration of Encryption and Key Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration and day-to-day support of security tools sets used to secure multi-cloud environments.
- Integration, validation and automation across cryptographic frameworks
- Evaluate cryptographic tools, products and frameworks
- Troubleshoot cryptographic anomalies, and issues across the enterprise
- Multi-cloud IAM integration and administration
- The person in this role will also be responsible for automating operational activities that are part of the maintaining security infrastructure.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- 3+ years of experience handling critical production incidents
- 5+ years of experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with distributed systems, networking, hardware, logistics and operations, or capacity
- Deep understanding of PKI/PKCS, and cryptographic tools and techniques
- Experience in managing and supporting cloud HSMs.
- Strong Programming experience in one of the high-level languages - Python/Perl/Go
- Ability to combine information from various sources into clear, concise technicaL documents that explain the background and procedures for detecting and mitigating risks.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as being happy to collaborate with others, guiding and mentoring where needed.
- Preferred candidates will have a master's degree in computer science/Computer Engineering/Cyber security or relevant field to be successful.
- A strong background with CI/CD pipelines and security related tooling
- An avid problem solver with a background in systems design, architecture and compliance
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?