Summer 2021 Intern - Enterprise Security Engineering
Are you interested in joining the fastest-growing team at Tanium, a company that was recently named #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials? Our technology is the central IT nervous system for some of the largest financial, retail, and technology companies in the world. You’ll work collaboratively with other interns, as well as our Field and Integrations Engineers to develop solutions and integrations that will fit nicely alongside our existing partnerships with Salesforce, Google, and others. You’ll have the opportunity to take projects full-cycle and see your efforts contribute to the core business and technology functions of the Enterprise Services team. Come find out why 70% of the Fortune 100 rely on Tanium’s technology, and help us build something that will awe, inspire and attract the other 30%.
What you’ll do:
- Join a team of outcome-focused, passionate, Engineers, Integrators, Technical Writers, and Technical Project Managers.
- Shape, execute and deliver on special projects, with your peer Interns, that directly impact customers of the Enterprise Services Organization.
- Ride along with Field Engineers And Integrations Engineers as they take on real-world customer problems in security, operations, asset management, and risk management.
- Understand how our technology makes progress for our customers; you will acquire a deep understanding of how the product works and how to support, operate and integrate it.
- Learn how to present and demonstrate Tanium’s capabilities to a customer.
- Rigorously test the product in a home lab environment.
We’re looking for someone with a passion in the following areas:
- Automation - Scripting (e.g. Shell Scripting, Python, Powershell, Vbscript) common IT tasks on macOS, Linux, and Windows. Interns will accompany Field Engineers on customer engagements, gathering and executing on requirements for business outcomes in both operations and security use cases.
- Attention to Detail - Tanium is riddled with “product people”, continually striving to improve each and every dimension of what we ship to customers. Interns will contribute to quality assurance efforts by maintaining and adding to the existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
- Customer-Obsessed - We love seeing our product come alive, inspiring and delighting our customers. In this role, you’ll help support new and existing Tanium customers. Interns will contribute to triaging technical issues, engaging with customers, and conducting root cause analysis on live production implementations of Tanium. Support efforts will encompass security (Forensics, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response), operations (Compliance, Vulnerability Scanning, Patching, Integrity Monitoring), and general automation.
Previous Interns have come from backgrounds in:
- Computer Science
- Intelligence and Cyber Operations
- Industrial Engineering
...but if you don’t see your area of study on the list, don’t fret! We celebrate diversity and inclusion at Tanium, and that includes diversity of thought. We would love to meet you, come chat with us!