Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst (i3)
RiskIQ is the world leader in Attack Surface Management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our i3 team! This position is a remote based position.
About the role:
The Incident Investigation and Intelligence (i3) Program within RiskIQ is built to protect C-Suite and high net worth individuals from physical threats, exposures of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and instances of social media account impersonation thereby safeguarding these individuals, their reputations, family, and by extension, their company. The i3 Senior Threat Analyst produces and disseminates time-sensitive threat analysis relevant to the safety and security of clients, their assets and operations. The i3 Senior Threat Analyst must be proactive, consultative and business-minded using both available open source and proprietary data sets to attribute with confidence threatening behavior to the virtual threat actors themselves. The i3 Senior Threat Analyst reports to the i3 Sr. Director of Operations.
- Produce finished threat analysis—to include impact assessments and mitigation recommendations—for dissemination to clients on the safety and security of their executives and key personnel as well as the company’s assets and operations
- Craft tailored impact assessments and mitigation recommendations for each individual client
- Conduct investigations into threat actors and their activities world-wide by monitoring the i3 platform and applying industry tools and proprietary information
- Incorporate geopolitical factors into analytic products to provide customers with a complete picture of the threat landscape
- Identify opportunities to anticipate and prevent future security issues and/or incidents
- Collaborate with client security teams to improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics
- Develop cutting edge analytic products to help client security teams improve their security posture
- Lead investigative efforts on the i3 Threat Desk as a SME and analytic leader of the Threat Desk team; support monthly metrics and highlights presentations to clients to show value
- Collaborate with RiskIQ Legal and Engineering teams to ensure appropriate mitigation of identified risks
- Build collaborative relationships with other security analysts throughout the region
- Improve and expand personal expertise on security analysis best-practices and innovations
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years experience as an analyst or targeting officer with local, state or federal law enforcement, the intelligence community, military or corporate security; previous investigative experience preferred
- Substantive experience initiating and conducting complex investigative analysis
- Ability to communicate complex findings in layman’s terms to clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to brief a variety of audiences
- Previous experience integrating data analysis into workflow; prior exposure to Malti3o (or comparative link analysis tool) required
- Proven track record managing multiple projects as well as the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving corporate priorities or fast-breaking threats to clients
- Approximately 10-30% global travel required
- Previous cyber-investigations or intelligence targeting experience preferred
- Background in geopolitical, counterterrorism, counterproliferation or counter-narcotic targeting analysis preferred
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. We detect, expose, and investigate malware, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, and much more. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - We've recently celebrated several new milestones headlined by 80% year-over-year growth revenue growth, the closing of $30.5 million in Series C funding, and recognition by Forrester in its Forrester Wave™: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016 report, which named RiskIQ a leader.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renown cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cyber security.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small, but we’re growing. At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Architect a big data backend to increase our storage and analysis capabilities? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms. RiskIQ has unlimited PTO and flexible hours.