Security Engine Architect
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd.Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices.
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
The gateway software engineering team at Huawei’s Vancouver Research Center is responsible for malware file classification research. Led by the top experts in this industry and mixed with new PhD grads and experienced veterans, the team will be expanding from 8 to 20 within 6 months. By joining our team, you’ll benefit from our expansive technical knowledge and keen drive to innovate. This new team has ample growth opportunity and supportive leaders.
From a technical perspective, our malware file classification Team is involved in research and prototyping of novel solutions aimed at protecting our corporate customers from cyber-threats. We believe in the data-driven approach and machine learning and data science techniques as the foundation of our solutions. We design our systems from the ground up the way they should be and do not depend on legacy code. We embrace bleeding edge-technology if it improves our work or results. Our team is small and agile with academic and industrial experience in data mining, machine learning and operations. Needless to say, your work will have diversity in tasks.
- Research the modern Anti-Virus and IPS technologies.
- Develop and optimize our cross platform Anti-Virus engine, WAF and IPS engine.
- Write unit test to verify functionality.
- Master (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with 5+ years of experience in similar positions.
- Strong experience in C/C++ object oriented large scale application framework experience.
- Experience with Malware analysis, Ant-virus, Machine Learning AV, Reverse engineering, IDA, OllyDbg, WinDbg, URL filter, Anti-spam, Botnet and X86 Assembly language.
- Understanding of x86-64 CPU architecture and memory management.
- Experience with Windows system internals, Linux Kernel Architecture, Linux System Architecture, TCP/IP network stack, Netfilter packet traversal and Socket programming.
Nice to have:
- Experience with X86 virtualization, hypervisor (XEN, KVM and QEMU), WINE, compiler, Flex/Bison, BinPac, LLVM
- Experience with NGFW, IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), Sandbox, DDOS, WAF, HoneyPot and APT(ATP)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
San Jose, CA, United … San Jose, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 69K - 128K * USD 69K+ *
Principal, Product Security ArchitectApplication security Audits Cloud Computer Science Incident response Pentesting Product security +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs