Posted 2 months ago
About this Role
You will be overseeing the security on a cutting-edge blockchain technology platform and be in charge of fostering the security culture while growing Chainlink. You will lead our risk program, coordinate response plans, and drive the security council. You’ll work directly with our founders and leadership to lead the security of our open-source codebase. You will communicate and collaborate across the organization to design and implement impactful company-wide security processes. You'll have a large degree of autonomy and the ability to drive change and adoption across the organization with well-researched security solutions.
You will be highly valuable to our organization as this is a critical role, as such, an above-market compensation package is on offer.
- Oversee our entire security plan while influencing and driving adoption across the team
- Partner closely with our founders and engineering team to develop, design and implement security solutions
- Lead our risk program and establish best practices that will impact the security and long term success of Chainlink
- Create independently, or collaborate with the engineering team, to write and ship security features
- Research, document, and implement solutions that will ensure long term success of the Chainlink ecosystem
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
- Software engineering background (CS/SE degree or equivalent experience)
- 5 years of working experience in software engineering
- 3 years of working experience in a related cybersecurity role
- Experience with developing security plans, processes and controls
- Experience with discovering vulnerabilities at design/system level
- Experience across common vulnerability classes relevant to our tech stack
- Proven ability to communicate across roles to drive security mindset across the company
- Good knowledge of operational security
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Experience working in an early growth-stage company
- Focus on improving real-world security, not compliance
- Blockchain/cryptocurrency experience is a plus but not necessary
This role is location-agnostic, and we employ engineers worldwide. However, we ask that some of your working hours overlap with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world; the details of our approach can be found in Chainlink's whitepaper. Chainlink is well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises, such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
*Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*