IT Security Specialist - Vulnerability Management
Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, PL
Managed Security Services is a pioneer and world leader in software and services that protect corporate and personal information from an ever-changing spectrum of online threats and misuse. MSS core operations are performed in Security Operations Centers (SOC) located in 8 locations around the Globe. SOC Poland is 2nd largest center covering globally all MSS operations.
Find more about IBM Security Jobs:
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for IT Security Specialist - Vulnerability Management to support the IBM Security Team. The perfect candidate should possess knowledge, experience and skills in the area of IT & Cyber Security and Vulnerability Management. In this role you will receive comprehensive training to prepare for this position. You will have an opportunity to actively shape the direction of the team.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Performing assessments and analysis of data collected by scanning tools
- Performing vulnerability triage with relevant stakeholders (eg. system owner, infrastructure team)
- Tracking and reporting on discovered vulnerabilities and remediation status
- Coordinating vulnerability remediation actions with system owners
- Contributing to the process:
- follow-up on the security incidents, change management, new build activities and other processes
- follow-up on the vulnerabilities, SOC & Threat Management activities
- identify and evaluate the security risks on the infrastructure
- contribute to audit and compliance activities
- Working closely with Vulnerability Management Coordinator, IT security team, security matter experts, Account Managers and other stakeholders to analyze vulnerabilities, prepare and coordinate the execution of action plans to remediate vulnerabilities
- Career in a new and increasingly important IT field of security
- Work for the best Security Company in Europe (SC winner 2018) and The Best Mobile Security Solution with IBM MaaS360 2016 SC Magazine Europe Awards
- Great atmosphere and work with passionate, driven team players
- Support for your education and self-development
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Summer camps for children
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of IT Eecurity experience
- Knowledge of generic information security standards/practices
- Experience with Vulnerability Management
- Experience and understanding of computer networks, patching, security configuration, configuration baselines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of IT & Cyber Security experience/Knowledge and experience in IT Security Technologies, IBM Qradar QVM, Qualys or other vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with threat analysis, risk management, incident management, change management, security auditing, security monitoring and other information security practices
- University degree in Information Technology and/or CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, GIAC or equivalent certifications
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Auditing CEH CISA CISM CISSP GIAC Mobile security Qualys Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management