Senior Technical Project Manager, Security Engineering
Remote - US
Posted 9 months ago
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Security Engineering team to help build and maintain cross-cutting services for internal teams across the enterprise. You will manage projects, meet with internal customers/stakeholders, lead scrum standups/retrospectives and write technical documents for projects that automate security functions and improve efficiencies throughout Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has proven success partnering cross-functionally inside and outside the security org to align resources to accomplish project deliverables. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, ideally in security field
- 2+ years relevant work experience in product documentation / technical writing, preferably in a cloud-based, enterprise software company
- A demonstrated affinity for working with engineering teams, product teams, and customers.
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically), analytical talent and leadership along with the capacity to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Significant experience with issue and project tracking systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- High emotional intelligence; collaboration and relationship-building is key
- Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge and conflict resolution of code
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernets, and AWS cloud services
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure documents for SecEng team are complete, current and detailed
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead our project planning processes, ensuring expectations, scope deliverables, facilitate stakeholder-SecEng communications
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate closely with engineers to understand, define, and clarify feature requirements.
- BE AN OWNER: Drive implementation of technical solutions and ensure efforts are seamlessly integrated in the project plans
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: When carrying out the responsibilities of the role, you will collaborate with many cross functional teams, listening to and drawing from their experiences, challenges and successes.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.