Technical Program Manager, Security Engineering
Stripe is becoming an increasingly critical piece of the world’s financial infrastructure, powering businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, detect fraud and help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world. Our users trust us with some of their most sensitive information. Security is a top priority for Stripe and a first-class consideration for everything we do. We build products that are secure by default and continuously raise the bar on security.
As a Technical Program Manager in Security, you will play a key role within engineering and drive programs that span across the organization. You will be responsible for the successful definition, cross-functional strategy, planning and execution of large-scale technical programs that help to solve complex problems and enable products and infrastructure.
Qualifications for a strong candidate
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure and organizations.
- Experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.