Network Security Engineer
Provo, Utah, United States
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
The Qualtrics Network Security team is seeking an experienced engineer to help secure the infrastructure used by thousands of organizations globally to close the experience gap. You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining systems that protect the mission critical components of the company and ensuring Qualtrics maintains its reputation as the best in class XM platform for our most security conscious customers.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation. You will be evolving our network defenses, ensuring privacy for data in transit, driving secure architectures and proactively responding to all threats in our network landscape.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/IT/IS/STEM or related
- 3+ years of networking experience
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing Palo Alto firewalls
- Hands-on experience with Remote Access VPN solutions
- Hands-on experience managing PKI
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention and Data Loss Prevention
- Excellent documentation skills including creating and maintaining network diagrams and defining security standards
- Working knowledge of network standards: Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, SNMP, IPSec, NAT, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, NetFlow and Datacenter networking
- Working knowledge of security operations, threat hunting and SIEM best practices
- Working knowledge of load balancing concepts and methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work well independently and with a team
- Experience programming in Python is a plus
- Experience with 802.1x is a plus
- Experience working with AWS is a plus
A Day in the Life
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of Qualtrics' production, corporate and web application firewalls.
- Responsible for defining and implementing standards for public key infrastructure, ensuring privacy for data in transit.
- Responsible for managing DDoS mitigation solutions
- Responsible for network vulnerability management
- Continuously monitor for security threats on the network
- Improve the security landscape through design, implementation and maintenance of various security measures
- Create and maintain complex network diagrams
- Perform software updates in order to maintain the security posture required to pass multiple industry certifications (e.g. FedRamp/ISO)
- Design and manage a secure globally-interconnected network
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.