Data Scientist, Threat Detection
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help ensure that our users are free from abuse, and that the content they see is free from manipulation. At Reddit, we believe in the good, but we prepare for the bad… this would be your job! If you are motivated to help contribute to a platform where people can be their authentic selves, free from harm, we want you. Our job is tough, but the impact is huge.
How You’ll Have Impact:
User safety and the fidelity of the content is our primary mission. You will focus on tackling these issues at a very large scale...making Reddit a better place for everyone!
What You’ll Do:
- Work as part of a cross functional team of data scientists, operational specialists, and engineers to keep Reddit safe
- Develop algorithms to help surface abusive content and to potentially remove content with very strong signals
- Develop algorithms that uncover patterns of coordination and spam on the platform
- Develop ML models for understanding text, image, and video content from an abuse perspective
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles (or and advanced degrees in quantitative fields such as physics, economics, statistics, etc)
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Motivated and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to make mistakes, learn from them, and grow