Senior SOC Analyst
DigitalOceanHelping millions of developers easily build, test, manage, and scale applications of any size – faster than ever before.
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We’re looking for inspired and motivated technical contributors to join the DigitalOcean team as Senior Security Operations Analysts. In this role, you will be a crucial member of DigitalOcean’s security team, reporting to the Lead of Security Abuse Operations. You will improve the security posture of DigitalOcean both reactively and proactively, as well as handle incidents and make the internet a safer place. Senior Security Operations Analysts must identify vulnerabilities, build tactical and strategic mitigation plans, and eliminate bad actors inside the DigitalOcean platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyzing network traffic to identify compromised systems, negate denial of service attacks, and pinpoint resource abuse.
- Investigate, identify and prevent, or mitigate abusive activities such as intrusion attempts, DDoS, malware distribution, phishing attacks, etc. originating from the DigitalOcean Platform.
- Handle live intrusions and incident response cases, in a customer-facing and transparent manner, to minimize the impact of bad actors on the internet.
- Locating trends in abuse vectors, communicating with leadership to apprise of the extent and advocating for appropriate product changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Vetting abuse claims, responding to reporters, and helping customers get back on the platform.
- Monitoring and analysis of security events with the use of SIEM, NIDS, and antivirus. Triage security events and incidents, detect anomalies, and report/direct remediation actions.
- Work within a queue management system with specific daily targets on the number of customer contacts completed with an efficient resolution.
- Building strong relationships with the other technical teams across our engineering and infrastructure functions.
- Coaching and mentoring other skilled security practitioners across application, information, and infrastructure security.
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience
- A high degree of curiosity and aptitude, with a clear passion for security as a lifestyle.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Alerts, Investigations, & Incident Response
- Significant experience with or knowledge of the following technologies or concepts:
○ Proactive Threat Hunting in Data Sources
○ Threat Intelligence Collection / Threat Investigation / Dissemination
○ Network Security and IDS Technologies
○ Tool Development and Automation
- Working with remediation teams (IT, Infrastructure, Engineering) on event and incident mitigation
- Strong understanding of operating systems, software, and networking; distributed computing; virtualization; databases; and cloud computing concepts
- Understanding of TCP/IP concepts, common application protocols, common database technologies, and the Linux operating system.
- Ability to work autonomously. Intellectual Curiosity and Self-Motivation to perform complex tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including; technical writing, presenting, coaching, and mentoring.
- Bonus: Ability to code, script, or automate classes of problems rather than handling them manually (Python, Bash, Go, Ruby)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs