Sr Infosec Systems Engineer
Epirus is a high-growth technology company that develops solid-state, human-safe directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to enhance power efficiency in defense and commercial electronics. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining modern power systems to increase the velocity of change for our customers and bring tomorrow's capabilities to life, today.
Job objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position will be well organized, proactive and familiar with IT and Cybersecurity Engineering concepts at the platform and infrastructure levels as well as familiar with defense-related compliance frameworks such as the NIST 800 series, CMMC and ITAR. You will be part of a growing IT and Cybersecurity team inside a dynamic and challenging environment. The team is focused on developing long term solutions, transformative IT and company-wide cybersecurity and compliance efforts. This role with hybridize between the internal IT & Cybersecurity team, as well as Product and Engineering teams.
- Work inside IT & Cybersecurity, Engineering and Operations umbrella, on a wide array of IT and Cybersecurity projects.
- Provide SME-level engineering guidance to both the IT & Cybersecurity team, as well as Product and Engineering teams
- Act as consulting Cyber SME to other business org units and assisting with special projects.
- Assist with formation and operations of our in-house SOC (Security Operations Center), including training of Jr. SOC team members and process optimization.
- Work as cross-team and cross-department liaison for compliance-related efforts.
- Act as IT & Cybersecurity Compliance Lead, owning the NIST 800-171 and CMMC domains.
- Plan for and Implement Compliance Frameworks, including: NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-37, NIST 800-161, FIPS 199, where applicable.
- Own NIST/CMMC sprints, standups, and planning meetings, artifact collection, documentation, and organization.
- Assist with securing the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and other processes.
- Provide inputs to assist with balancing Epirus’s unique blend of agile startup culture with compliance requirements.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Defense/Aerospace/Military domains and/or fast-paced startup environments.
- Experience implementing Risk Management programs, in a Defense/Aerospace/Military context, at scale.
- Experience with on-premise and cloud-based architecture, including networking, AWS, Azure and VMware.
- Systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors
- Experience with Agile workflow methodology
- Experience with common corporate technology stack platforms including G-Suite, Office 365, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Zoom, etc.
- General computer/systems networking experience, including cyber-hardening of network devices.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc
- Deep experience in Information Security and Cybersecurity, as well as IT and Cybersecurity related engineering
- Self-starter with relationship-building focus for cross-departmental engagement
- Active Security Clearance, or ability to obtain future Security Clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
At Epirus, we work to create innovative power solutions to solve some of the world’s most complex problems. We are forward thinking in nature and committed to bringing tomorrow’s capabilities to life, today. To deliver on our mission, our team is comprised of individuals with deep expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering (including radio frequency and digital circuit design) as well as software design. We are always looking for top-tier problem solvers and changemakers to join our fast-growing team.
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs