Analyst Relations Manager, Application Security
Remote - US
GitHubGitHub is where over 83 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
We’re looking for an analyst relations manager to join a growing team focused on application security. This person will be responsible for the plan, execution, management and measurement of GitHub’s security product focused AR program. This role will be tasked to develop strategy and grow relationships with industry analysts focused on helping organizations put DevSecOps into practice.
The right candidate is an experienced communicator, who understands the role industry analysts play as influencers of enterprise technology selection and validating vendor product and GTM strategies. They are driven, focused and a quick study when it comes to complex technology. The candidate must be comfortable balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while often working independently.
The team’s work is highly visible, so candidates should have experience working with executives and senior leadership. They possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, high levels of empathy and are a multitasking pro.
- Engage with industry analysts continuously to have a pulse on the industry and provide insights to product, revenue and comms teams.
- Act as a strategic advisor to business stakeholders- driving valuable insight, guidance and feedback into the business.
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers and research participation.
- Create, nurture and manage positive relationships with application security industry analysts, serving as a key contact.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with analysts to engage and educate them on GitHub’s strategy, roadmap and product updates.
- Plan, schedule, and manage analyst/influencer program activities such as participation in analyst research, conferences, consult and advisory sessions, briefings, inquiries and reporting.
- Respond to, serve and manage internal requests for industry analyst interactions, publications, research, event support and other requests as needed.
- Work with the product and product marketing teams to create and curate relevant product/industry-related content in preparation for analyst engagements.
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize program impact.
- Deliver market insight reports for sales enablement use in field education and competitive battlecards.
Qualifications and skills:
- Between 5-7 years experience in analyst relations or public relations. Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development industry and DevOps concepts.
- Ability to see top down and bottom up—can move seamlessly between high-level, strategic thinking and more nuanced, tactical work.
- Skilled at cross-functional, influence-driven collaboration to achieve results.
- Ability to think across boundaries – work with product, marketing, sales and market planning to distill and deliver messages from those teams.
- Experience working closely with executives and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to be nimble, empathetic and collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in high-stress environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leveraging first party, third party and internal data to develop meaningful insights to share internally and externally.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Other jobs like this
Staff Engineer - Information SecurityAgile Automation Cloud Compliance Monitoring Privacy SaaS
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs