Network Security Engineer and Project Coordinator
Hampton, Virginia, United States
The Network Security Engineer and Project Coordination will have a broad familiarity with multi-vendor network devices to include switches, routers, firewalls, and VPNs. The candidate will also have experience coordination and overseeing operations related to the installation and maintenance of worldwide network projects.
Responsibilities to include:
- Skill in implementation of physical and virtual firewalls.
- Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system.
- Familiarity with switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs and experience with establishing and troubleshooting configurations on those devices.
- Ability to research and verify ports, protocol and services (PPS) for security compliance.
- A thorough understanding of how applications communicate over the network using source and destination IP addresses, ports and protocols.
- Ability to analyze network security requirements and implement perimeter security changes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Develop network documentation of security infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting a variety of products within a multi-vendor environment.
- Monitor network performance and implement performance tuning as necessary.
- Utilize industry best practices for security, disaster recovery, business continuity, change control, the engineer will design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a variety of network firewall technologies.
- Possess strong teamwork and team building abilities.
- Be able to create a plan, set goals and milestones.
- Thoroughly understand and communicate day-to-day status of current projects, communicate timelines and progress updates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Must be willing to work afterhours and weekends to support migration efforts.
- Be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- 8+ years of Networking experience
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting networks in medium to large, complex organizations.
- Preferred applicants will also have experience with intrusion detection systems, VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis solutions, configuration and change management and other network security systems and devices.
- Solid experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis methodologies.
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Familiarity with Air Force, Defense Health Agency, and DoD network.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance and DoD 8570 certification.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Casual, Fun and Exciting Work Environment
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.