Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid Level
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
The candidate will identify, isolate, investigate, inform, and implement measures to detect and protect data across a wide spectrum of sources and locations. The candidate is required to validate suspicious events or reports and determine if the event constitutes an incident. The candidate will ensure incidents are properly entered into the appropriate reporting system and determine the severity of the incident. Reporting and response measures will be taken immediately in order to satisfy the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Manual (CJCSM) 6510.01B reporting requirements.
- 2-4+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) environment or similar.
- DoD or DoN Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Certification or compliance (DoDD 8140 or SECNAV M-5239).
- Bachelor OR Graduate degree from accredited university/technical college in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- DoDD 8140 CSSP Incident Responder or Analyst Category certification
- Approved Military Training Courses
- Experience with Incident Response Procedures.
- Experience with Packet Analysis using tools such as Wireshark, TCPDump, TShark, or similar as it applies to cyber incident investigation.
- Experience interpreting IDS/IPS log output.
- Ability to explain the difference between data contained within Windows Event logs and Sysmon logs.
- Experience with Log Aggregation Tools such as Splunk, Elastic, or similar.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of CJCSM 6510.01B.
- Ability to write/edit IDS/IPS signatures for enhanced detection.
- Experience using EDR products for Cyber Incident Response.
- Knowledge of Digital Forensics.
- The ability to solve problems independently.
Position Requirements and Duties:
- Maintains familiarity with CJCSM 6510.01B.
- Compiles and maintains internal standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Ensures associated documentation and capabilities remain compliant with CJCSM 6510.01B and other applicable policy directives.
- Provides network intrusion detection and monitoring, correlation analysis, incident response and support for the Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) and its subscriber sites.
- Validates suspicious events or reports and determine if the event constitutes an incident and properly enter associated data into the appropriate reporting systems.
- Coordinates with USCYBERCOM and supported entities regarding significant incidents to ensure proper analysis is performed and timely and accurate reporting of the incident is completed.
- Provides 24x7 support for the CSSP’s Incident Response capability during non-core business hours consistent with CSSP requirements as needed.
- Performs network and host-based digital forensics on Microsoft Windows based systems and other operating systems as necessary to enhance response to, support of, and investigation into significant network incidents.
- Possesses working knowledge of full packet capture PCAP analysis and accompanying tools (Wireshark, etc.).
- Explores patterns in network and system activity via log correlation using Splunk and supplemental tools.
- Possesses understanding of IDS/IPS solutions to include signature development and implementation.
- Participates in program reviews, product evaluations, and onsite certification evaluations.
- Authorized to view alerts for IDS/IPS
- Authorized to view Audit Records on Central Log Server
Due to the nature of the work required, operations are conducted 24/7/365 with three primary shifts. Choice of shifts will be made available with the understanding that placement is at the discretion of the CSSP Services Director and/or assigned manager.
[EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability]
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.