Senior Product Security Engineer
As a Senior Product Security Engineer, you will build strong relationships across the engineering organization to empower the company to ship secure products. You will provide clear guidance on secure code and implement quality gates across our software delivery pipeline. You will enable security through design and code reviews, threat modeling, scaling impact through automation, and empowering developers to do the right thing.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting any breach, anywhere. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the difficulty of trying to protect large organizations and wanting to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security problems with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry innovators, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Coatue Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners, S28 Capital, Snowflake Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, and Innovation Endeavors, Panther has raised $120M, at $1.4 billion-dollar valuation, and is quickly accelerating its mission and employee base across the United States and Greece. Panther’s customers include industry-leading technology companies such as GitLab, Coinbase, and Dropbox, and the company was featured for a second year in a row on EnterpriseTech30’s startup list, most as recently as #6 on the list of mid stage, emerging technology companies!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Be an Owner, Move Fast, and Take Care of the Team. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Work with engineering teams to secure Panther’s product and platform.
- Assess products through threat modeling, design / code reviews, and security testing. Also provide guidance on effective countermeasures.
- Design, build and implement security capabilities (e.g. secure frameworks) and security services to empower engineering teams to ship secure products.
- Implement automated bug discovery pipelines and automated gates across our software delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate with engineering and technical leadership to establish standards, baselines, policies, and controls.
- 5+ years of software engineering and security experience.
- Strong engineering background and programming experience with Golang or Python.
- Experience in securing large scale distributed software systems.
- Experience with implementing application security frameworks and controls in highly automated environments.
- Experience working with, and securing AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence critical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Unlimited PTO policy, with a minimum requirement of 15 days off per year, observing major US holidays, as well as an end of the year break
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person, and in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs