Cyber Security Engineer
Derrimut, Victoria, Australia
Your new role
We take cyber security seriously at GWA and it is pivotal to supporting our digital transformation and managing the direction of the infrastructure underpinning our digital growth. To bring all of this to life, we are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer who is experienced in all facets of modern enterprise technologies to help us bring this transformation to life.
Reporting to our Cyber Security Manager, you will proactively partner with your stakeholders and the Technology team to drive best practice cyber security leadership across our transformation projects, all whilst supporting ongoing operational security activities.
At GWA we recognise that hybrid work is the new way of working, and to support this we have our Moments that Matter hybrid working framework. While this role reports through to our Cyber Security Manager based in Sydney, as part of our hybrid ways of working, when in office you will be based at our Derrimut site.
As our new Cyber Security Engineer, your key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Providing hands on engineering capability for securing cloud services
- Providing system support and supporting the team for any high priority issues.
- Providing technical security leadership and mentoring across the Transformation and Technology team to ensure a “secure -by-design” approach is embedded to transformational activities
- Providing thought leadership and remaining up to date with new security technologies whilst identifying any areas of improvement.
Along with your previous experience (2+ years) in security engineering and operations, you’ll have knowledge and experience in:
- Public Cloud Infrastructure and of the Azure Cloud platform and supporting Microsoft Technologies
- Identifying and responding to cyber security incidents
- Security services such as Sentinel, Defender, Secure Hub/VWAN, Cloud App Security, AzureAD and Application Gateway.
- Microsoft security stack and auxiliary technologies (i.e. PIM, AzureAD, Sentinel, Defender, Cloud App Security, VWAN)
- Vulnerability and patch management tools (e.g. Rapid7)
- Secure code practices and secure code automation pipelines
- The design and delivery of cloud security architectures and patterns
- Logging and monitoring using cloud native SIEM architecture, development, and analysis
- Identity and access management including OIDC, Conditional Access, Privileged Access Management and integrations using principles of least privilege and segregation of duties.
- Data protection strategies and integrations including Data Loss Prevention and Information Rights Management
- Cloud / or Microsoft Certifications (including AZ-500)
- Cybersecurity industry certifications such as CISSP, OSCP, GIAC Incident Handler are highly desirable but not essential
Who are GWA?
Since 1886, the experts at GWA have designed innovative, high-quality products for homes and offices. We have market leading, iconic brands including Caroma, Methven, Dorf and Clark.
At GWA our purpose is to make everyday water experiences extraordinary. Water scarcity affects all communities and given that our consumers enjoy experiencing our products every day, we are proud to help save millions of litres of water each year.
What’s it like to work at GWA?
Culture is key for us, and our people come from a variety of backgrounds and industries. We all share a common purpose of bringing to life all three of our cultural pillars: We are Customer Focused; We are One Team and We Care For Each Other. Our passion and dedication are evident in how we work together to ensure everyone achieves our goals and that we all play in a role in making GWA a great place to work.
Our success is driven by a global team that share a passion to be the trusted and integrated solutions partner in the delivery of sustainable water solutions for bathrooms, kitchens, and laundries.
GWA is on a journey from Good to Great, and we are looking for people who are excited by change and want to make a difference. We care for each other and encourage people to take the lead to deliver superior solutions for our customers and consumers.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- Competitive remuneration
- Great Rewards program - exclusive access to discounts and cashback rewards at your favourite stores
- Bathrooms & More program - great discounts on a wide range of our products
- Community Service Leave
As well as other great benefits like discounted health insurance, financial advice, annual flu vaccinations, access to a range of online fitness programs via our Wellbeing Centre...and much more!
Come join us and work with great people, great brands and a business with a history of strong growth. All you need to do is hit the apply button and be part of a company that is focused on delivering great customer experiences! For more information please contact Emily Jaajaa, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
GWA Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
You must be a citizen or permanent resident, or hold all the relevant employment visas and other approvals for the location of this position to apply for this role.
Please note that we are not accepting applications from agencies at this time.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs