Junior Security Engineer, Applications
Mountain View, California, United States
Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
This is the perfect place for a junior level developer with an interest in security to start out and grow their security skill set. Our application security engineers are mainly focused on security triage; handling vulnerability reports, reproducing them, investigating the code and ultimately writing fixes that get deployed into production. We are looking for an engineer with good attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills independently, and a get-things-done attitude with eagerness to build something awesome!
What will you do?
- Work with a nimble passionate security team, collaborating with development and product.
- Conduct vulnerability triage: handle internal and external vulnerability reports, go beyond investigating and write fixes yourself.
- Use Burp Suite on a daily basis for triaging and penetration testing.
- Code solutions for preventative measures and generating alerts.
- Use your detective work to get to the AH-HA! moment when you find and replicate the root cause of an issue and figure out how to fix it.
- You will care and be involved in our product, mission, and success - way beyond checking off tasks.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to engineering and coding. Have a thought or idea about how we do our product, marketing, business development, operation or customer support? Speak up! Get involved, initiate, own.
- You will NOT chase the latest most sophisticated technology just because it's there. We love sexy technology but we love practical solutions that get the job done even more.
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- Experience coding full stack projects
- Experience reading code written by other developers
Bonus (Not required, but nice to have):
- Experience with the LAMP/LEMP stack
- Knowledge of PHP and ReactJS
- Experience using Regex and Bash
- Experience with web penetration testing
- Experience with bug bounty programs
Can I work remotely?
Yes. We operate in Pacific Time and candidates in any time zone are welcome to apply. We also ask our employees to travel to our Mountain View, CA office every 6-8 weeks to collaborate in person in order to build better working relationships and experience our in-office culture. Travel expenses will be covered and reasonable accommodations will be made for those who cannot travel under unique circumstances.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
The base salary range for this position is $75,000 - $120,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2022. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.
Other jobs like this
Cyber Security Engineer - JuniorCloud Compliance Computer Science FedRAMP Metasploit Nessus Network security +7
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs