Head of Security
Remote - USA
Who We Are:
Our mission is to provide certainty to the world’s information. Founded in 2019, Horizen Labs is a crypto-first developer that builds blockchain products and tools at the heart of the decentralization revolution. We are world leaders in zero knowledge cryptography and key web 3.0 tools that enable programmable blockchains that are secure, scalable and privacy preserving.
Our company is creating a culture of empowered individuals, who aren’t afraid to bring their ideas to life. We are looking for creative individuals to join our team of the best and brightest minds in the blockchain space. You will experience the exhilaration of joining a fast growing and innovation focused company with support from some of the industry’s top thought leaders, including Digital Currency Group, Kenetic Capital, Sound Ventures, and Liberty City Ventures.
We believe diversity drives the innovation and engagement necessary to build a truly remarkable product. We operate on a hybrid model with a distributed global workforce who works in partnership with our satellite offices in New York City, NY, Milan, Italy, and the latest opening now in Odessa, Ukraine. This allows us the flexibility to go to where the talent is. Are you ready to help us change the future with the next cutting edge blockchain technology? Join us!
As the Head of Security, you have full ownership of the vision, architecture, and implementation of security within our engineering teams and the entire organization as a whole. This includes crafting strategies and the overall roadmap to scale our infrastructure, meet business objectives, and facilitate engineering teams to deliver secure and compliant features at scale. You are passionate about building secure systems, designing sound processes, and establishing a robust security culture.
What You’ll Own
- Develop company-wide security policies and processes, working cross-functionally with the Executive team and other leaders to ensure our team and products are secure.
- Set the strategic vision and oversee all cybersecurity and information security while expanding security initiatives around threat modeling, monitoring, response to threats, security architecture, and SDLC.
- Manage and lead resources across all risk and security programs, including engineering, operations, application security, incident response, continuous monitoring, responsible disclosure, and vulnerability management.
- Lead efforts on internal audits, penetration tests, bug bounties, and general compliance with all regulations and software security protocols.
- Influence product and engineering decisions that affect a wide user base and a significant share of crypto assets.
- Collaborate with other industry-leading luminaries, from our investors (Digital Currencies Group, Kenetic Capital, Liberty City Ventures, Sound Ventures), world-class blockchain partners, and devoted security experts (NCC, Halborn).
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years with increasing level of responsibility in cybersecurity and information security roles.
- Firsthand, on-the-ground experience running security operations, especially around application security, mobile security, network security, SDLC security, threat modeling, secure coding, authentication and cryptography.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and operate at a granular level where you are skilled at doing instead of delegating.
- Successful record of developing, implementing, and executing security strategy to include risk mitigation and vulnerability assessments.
- Be a highly collaborative team player with a teacher’s heart and have the ability to manage, influence, and achieve alignment across different interests.
Horizen Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Horizen Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security Audits Blockchain Compliance Crypto Cryptography Incident response Mobile security Monitoring Network security Privacy SDLC Security strategy Strategy Vulnerability management
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs