Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
SciTecThe world brings problems; SciTec builds solutions. Our team is committed to delivering cutting-edge advancements for defense, security, and civil affairs.
SciTec, Inc. is a dynamic small business with the mission to deliver Advanced Sensor Data Exploitation technologies and Science Instrumentation Capabilities in support of National Security and Defense. SciTec has an immediate opportunity for a talented Information Systems Security Officer.
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will assist in developing RMF accreditation packages and assist in maintaining Authorization to Operate (ATO) certifications for networked systems and applications used by the organization. The ISSO will assist in the development of information system documentation and the provision of a designated set of common controls for the authorization package, including the executive summary, system security plan, privacy plan, security control assessment, privacy control assessment, and any relevant plans of action and milestones. This system certification documentation must comply with DoD and Civilian Agency policy focused on NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53 Security and Privacy Controls, and CMMC.
This position may include CMMC application and accreditation duties, developing and implementing continuous monitoring strategies, and enhancing company best practices related to the IT Security posture.A successful candidate will have strong
written and communication skills to maintain a relationship with our
ISSP and other mission partners. SciTec is searching for a candidate who
takes the initiative and creates decisive paths to complete tasks. This
person will need to work well in a team environment with a commitment
to ensure security awareness and techniques are communicated effectively
across the infrastructure
- 2-5 years of relevant experience within information assurance (IA) frameworks, including NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53 and CMMC.
- Experience in NIST SP 800-37, NIST DIACAP, RMF or ICD 503 or other information security frameworks helpful but not required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or other relevant field.
- Experience with eMass, ServiceNow and/or XACTA.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in an organization and coordinate across various groups.
- Secret Clearance
Other duties also include:
- Maintain system certification packages in a centralized repository, supporting primarily NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, both DIACAP 8500.2 and Risk Management Framework, Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS), and DoD Information Technology (IT) Portfolio Repository (DITPR).
- Manage Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and System Controls within centralized repository.
- Conduct cybersecurity controls assessments in accordance with NIST publications 800-37, 800-53, 800-60, DoDI 8500.01, and others as required.
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate security documentation, including System Security Plan, System Security Authorization Agreements, COOPs, and SOPs.
- Continually evaluating the system security posture and make recommendations to Senior staff for correction and implementation plans.
As a small business, SciTec, Inc. offers room for growth and a flexible, fast-paced work environment. We work daily to develop one-of-a-kind solutions for challenging national problems. SciTec encourages collaboration across our offices in Boulder, El Segundo, Dayton, Huntsville, Virginia, and our headquarters in Princeton, and provides access to opportunities across the corporate spectrum. Initiative is expected and encouraged, all employees have the opportunity and flexibility to broaden their technical horizons, and our daily work makes an impact on the world around us. SciTec offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a variety of benefits including health insurance, parental leave, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k)plan with employer contribution, holidays and paid time off plans (including vacation and sick time), an annual profit-sharing plan, and an annual performance bonus plan. The salary range for this position is $59,000 to $94,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation. SciTec is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Other jobs like this
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Clearance CMMC Computer Science DIACAP DoD ICD 503 Monitoring +4
Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance Parental leave +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs