Offensive Security Engineer, AWS
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
**This role is open to alternative locations including: New York, NY – Boston, MA – Seattle, WA - Vancouver, BC Canada - Herndon, VA – Arlington, VA – Baltimore, MD – San Luis Obispo, CA – San Diego, CA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Security Engineer who has a strong passion for security-at-scale. You will be on a team responsible for the design & implementation of continuous assessments and technology helping teams maintain insight to the integrity of their development, deployment, monitoring, and response processes.
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale.
AWS Security is looking for a Security Engineer to help ensure our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for designing and implementing workflows that integrate with multiple services, automation that removes humans from the loop, and correlation & analysis platforms that function at the scale of AWS. You will work directly with internal teams to solve challenging software problems and influence how other teams interface with your architectures.
You must produce results in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge, and foster constructive dialogue and drive resolution when faced with disagreement. You are considered a technical leader on your team. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on ambiguous problem areas in existing or new hardware and software initiatives. You take a long term view of your team’s processes & software, understanding how it fits into the business. You proactively fix architectural deficiencies and/or propose larger project scopes, which may require the work of a team. You split that work into parallel tasks that can be performed by you and others and then reassembled successfully.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of complex decisions.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and execution of security review and test methodologies for the recurring and holistic testing of a critical group of AWS production services. Ensure remediation of risks by partnering with service teams.
- Perform design review, threat modeling, security review, penetration testing, and red teaming on production systems for AWS services.
- Scope and perform penetration testing & vulnerability research of complex proprietary software and hardware for AWS services.
- Work closely with the AWS Security teams to develop large scale, cutting edge, testing, monitoring, remediation, and analytics solutions.
- Work closely with other internal development teams across AWS Security to create comprehensive security tooling and functional improvements at scale.
- Demonstrate judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills.
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Please contact Robert Cahill (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- 4+ years' experience in software security.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of proficiency in at least 1 scripting programming language, familiarity with Java, and familiarity with python
- Passionate about internet security issues and the threat landscape for popular software & services with the ability and desire to root-cause, mitigate, and explore deeper.
- Domain expertise in at least 2 of: security architecture and engineering, communication and network security, identity and access management (IAM), security assessment and testing, cryptography, and software development security.
- A data-driven and quantitative mentality--you excel in supporting ideas with available evidence.
- Experience with the design and implementation of technical security controls at the business division level.
- Experience performing or supporting Red Team engagements with an understanding of a holistic assessment
- Experience with AWS or similar enterprise cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with full-stack (Linux / Unix) software architectures from UI to infrastructure.
- Experience with serverless architectures, and common virtualization techniques (hypervisors/containers/jails) and escapes/exploits from these environments.
- Experience with micro-service, API-based agent, or service oriented software architectures.
- Operations experience with CI/CD development or managing distributed systems
- Web service assessment experience with authentication controls, session management, access controls, logic flaws, injection vulnerabilities, request smuggling, cloud privilege escalation, DOS attacks
- Experience using boto3
- Participation in Bug Bounty programs
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please contact Robert Cahill (email@example.com) for more information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Tags: Analytics APIs Automation AWS CI/CD Cloud Computer Science Cryptography Exploits Full stack IAM Internet of Things Java Linux Monitoring Network security Offensive Security Pentesting Python Red team Scripting UNIX Vulnerabilities
Other jobs like this
Manager Security Engineering - Core Services, Payments SecurityApplication security AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography Network security PhD +2
Flex hours Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs