Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Security
Seattle, Washington, United States
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is the easy and open data lakehouse platform, providing an intuitive UI that enables data teams to get started with analytics in minutes, as well as the flexibility to use Dremio’s lightning-fast SQL query service and any other data processing engine. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
Dremio's Platform Security team is hiring an experienced software engineer to secure Dremio Software and Cloud Services. Engineers in this role will be responsible for building security across the Dremio Product including authentication, authorization, encryption, data security and role-based access control. They will work with product management and other Dremio component owners to implement security solutions across the Dremio software and cloud stacks
What you’ll be doing
- Building Microservices for Authentication, Authorization, Role-Based Access Control,Key Management etc.
- Work with other engineering teams to provide a unified and consistent security model across the product
- Develop Integrations with external Identity and Security Systems e.g. Identity Providers, Vaults etc
- Work with Security Engineering team to protect the Cloud Service and its users from malicious actors
- Scale the security services to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
What we’re looking for
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java with 8+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous patterns and their applications towards developing scalable systems
- Experience with Identity and Access Management( SSO, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, etc) and/or Key Management Systems(KMS)
- Cloud native development experience with one of the major public cloud providers i.e. AWS, GCP or Azure
- Hands on experience with microservices development using Container technologies(Docker etc) and familiarity with Container Orchestration Platforms like Kubernetes
Bonus points if you have
- Secrets Management, SSM, Vault
- Multi-tenant backend development and proven experience in the development of tenant entitlement models, tenant life cycle, separation of duties in SaaS, PaaS MT environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Cryptographic technology, Data Security, Data Privacy & Regulatory controls. Compliance needs like FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA, NIST, PCI and the concept of continuous compliance in the cloud.
- Deep understanding of HDFS and related Hadoop file storage technologies
- Working knowledge of Cloud Observability and Monitoring Tools
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs